Sign in to follow this  
MrsSquid

VA State Parks - 25% discount gift certificate

31 minutes ago, MrsSquid said:

We usually buy a dollar amount to cover a week of camping at any Virginia State Park.

What a great deal! I have never seen that offer for any state park system before. I wonder if any other states have something similar? I know of several states that offer annual passes but this is the first discounted parks gift card I have ever seen. Thank you for posting that and it would be good if others would check to see if anything like that exists in other state park systems. I just checked and while TX parks have gift cards, they are not discounted.

I just booked 2 weeks each at 2 Louisiana state parks that are not far apart, Fontainebleau State Park and Fairview State Park. Not only do they allow free day use admissions for 62 and older people but recognize the 1/2 price camping discount for America the Beautiful senior pass holders. Another neat benefit is free washers and dryer use for campers. Bottom line, 28 days of camping on the water at 2 beautiful Louisiana state parks full of moss covered cypress, historic buildings, boarded nature walks, fishing, wildlife, etc. cost me $364 including taxes, electricity included. We're gonna' pass a good time cher, I guarontee! AAEEEE!

Chip