Olympian Wave Heaters -- pad problems with new purchase

Seeria

Hello everyone

I picked up a Wave, brand new, but seems to be having problems igniting the entire pad. After running it for 30 minutes, six times now, it will only light a small area on the bottom which results in next to no heat output even when on high. I've looked over instructions, done videos, but can't find anything on why a brand new pad won't light. I've heard nothing back from Amazon where I purchased the item.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

Thanks :)  I bought the Camco hose and pressure regulator they recommend, sooo guessing it is the right one? All parts are new minus the 20lb tank, which is a couple years old.

Camco Low Pressure Gas Regulator with 12' Hose 7000 BTUs/Hr Simple and Quick Install - Use with Low Pressure Gas Fired Heaters (57721)   This hose https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UC8MJW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also picked up the Camco 57633 90° Elbow Connector for Olympian Wave Heaters  but haven't attached it yet.

This is a Wave 3 btw.

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

Sounds like a gas flow problem.

It could be the flow control valve on the tank. Try the regulator on another tank. Also, with the regulator in place, try closing the valve on the tank, then open it slowly, and then try turning on the heater.. The regulator may not be engaging with  the tank flow control valve.

Could be the regulator - can you find another one to try.

John

John
Titanium 29EX 29/34 Fifthwheel

16 minutes ago, Sehc said:

Does the Olympian require full gas pressure? I had a different brand that did not work with a pressure regulator at the bottle. It had a built-in pressure regulator.

The Olympian only works off of low pressure propane.  You must have a regulator between the propane bottle/tank and the heater.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived