WiFiRanger Black Friday discounts

docj

At the risk of this being banned as a commercial post, I wanted to let people know that WiFiRanger is offering a 25% discount on all website orders from Black Friday through Cyber Monday! Just use discount code BLK18 at checkout.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

11 hours ago, docj said:

At the risk of this being banned as a commercial post,

I don't believe that you are in any way connected with this business nor do you gain from others purchasing from them, do you? As I understand the rules from admin, there is no prohibition of members sharing information on what they believe to be good products or purchases. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The "WiFiRanger Ambassador" in Joel's signature does seem to imply some sort of special relationship with the company. Whether that designation raises the post to a commercial level or not is way above my pay grade though.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

44 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The "WiFiRanger Ambassador" in Joel's signature does seem to imply some sort of special relationship with the company.

I had not noticed this. Perhaps Joel will share with us just what that means? 

I have been loosely affiliated with WiFiRanger for over 8 years since I bought one of its earliest products just before we became full-timers.  After suffering through the early days (some of which were pretty rough), Ranger's owner, Kelly Hogan, asked me if I would be an Ambassador to the RV community which is Ranger's principal marketplace.  I have been doing this openly for ~5 years.  My role is not to sell product, but, rather, to answer questions and to be an interface often between unhappy customers and WiFiRanger Customer Support.  You may not be aware that Ranger routers are offered as OEM by many (most?) of the major RV manufacturers these days, so that means that there are plenty of owners who acquired a Ranger with only a limited understanding of what it does.  These are many of the people I work with when I encounter their posts on forums or Facebook.

For this work I do get a modest financial stipend.  However, I don't receive any commission, so, for example, passing along a notice of a sale doesn't benefit me in any personal way.  I wanted to make people aware of the sale because 25% is a pretty good savings and without posting it here there was little way for anyone to find out since Ranger doesn't advertise on this forum.  Most people wouldn't have any way of knowing there was a sale unless they happened to go to  the Ranger website.

Because of the sensitivities about commercial posts I was hesitant about making the post, but I decided it was worth the risk to give people the chance to save more than $150 on the more expensive Ranger systems.  If I've offended anyone, I apologize and I'll remove the post if that's what the community wants.

Joel

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

24 minutes ago, docj said:

If I've offended anyone, I apologize and I'll remove the post if that's what the community wants.

Thank you for the explanation. While I do think your response was needed, I do not see any reason to remove any part of the thread. As one of those charged with the removal of spam and pointing admin to any problems beyond what the weekend moderators are authorized to do, I see no reason to involve admin but to reassure those who have concerns, I will ask an admin to look at this thread when they return to the office from the holiday.

Archived