Getting through St Louis

Christner

Found I70, take I55-I70 to I255. This will take you across the Mississippi River JB bridge. Continue in Missouri on to I270 and then take I44 on to Joplin. Slow downs may happen but less construction.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We just came through there last Sunday afternoon, heading to Peoria from Mobile AL.  If I were coming in from where you are I would go around on I-255.  It has several lanes, is very good pavement, and is not under construction.  I haven't been right through the metro area in several years but it always seems there are huge pot holes and a lot of traffic no matter what time of day trying to go straight through the city.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

14 hours ago, ms60ocb said:

Found I70, take I55-I70 to I255. This will take you across the Mississippi River JB bridge. Continue in Missouri on to I270 and then take I44 on to Joplin. Slow downs may happen but less construction.

Clay

This is the way to go and you'll definitely have traffic any way you go.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, ms60ocb said:

Clay

Correct.  While on I-255 after crossing the river you will first see the exit for I-55 south, after that point you will be on I-270 but just for a short distance until you see the exit for I-44, which will be the one just past the overpass, very well marked.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

On 11/20/2018 at 8:55 AM, Christner said:

Thought I would pick up 44 to Joplin. Wondering if skirting via 255 and 270 might be a less intense drive ; ) I will be coming in on 70/55. Will definitely want to avoid the rush hour traffic.

That is my usual route when driving from Circle City/Indianapolis IN to OKC.  Much less hassle than driving through St. Louis, and it's a bit faster, though more miles.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived