Water Heater

woman_who_sees

I just refilled the 30 pound external tank this past week. When I hooked the tank back up to our extend-a stay hose, everything in the motor home showed normal operation{lighting}

with the exception of our water heater. The water heater had operated normally before I refilled the external tank this last time. I consulted the motor home manual for

remedies and did everything the manual said{shut shore water off,  drained the heater from both places externally and turned everything back on}. The water heater

light came on with a dim red light instead of no light while water was heating and immediately went off with the bright light activated. I have tried everything repeatedly

with no satisfaction to this point.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated as to how we can get our hot water back.

Bill (DH), Jan (DW), Sunshine (DBird), and Gila and Tacobelle (DCats)

2004 Winnebago Sightseer

"Folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be" (after a cup of coffee)

Thanks  We tried this but nothing.  It doesn't seem to be getting any propane but furnace and stove are working fine.

2004 Winnebago Sightseer

"Folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be" (after a cup of coffee)

To FL-JOE:

My name is woman_who_sees, which is a name I made up after seeing the film Dances With Wolves. I'm not Native American but my good friend is. She is Navajo and we share a love for that tribe.  Others, too....

2004 Winnebago Sightseer

2 hours ago, woman_who_sees said:

It doesn't seem to be getting any propane but furnace and stove are working fine.

It can take several tries to get air out and gas to the water heater if you have had the propane off for sometime or run completely out. 

3 hours ago, woman_who_sees said:

The water heater light came on with a dim red light instead of no light while water was heating and immediately went off with the bright light activated. I have tried everything repeatedly

It might help some to know what brand water heater you have but in most cases, the red light in or next to the switch is connected to turn on as soon as you turn the water heater on, then the light should go out and stay out once the flame is ignited. Have you checked outside to see if you have propane burning when you thought that it was burning?  You may want to visit Bryant RV website and download a copy of the service manual for the water heater that you have. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Check the water heaters manual for relighting procedures. Some, if they have a knob in the exterior water heater compartment, require it to be turned and held in while lighting the water heater pilot. It's an older type for sure but I had a TT with this type once.

I've never seen a tombstone that said "He was a great employee". Be one but be an even greater husband, father, friend and person. That's whats important.

Archived