Almost ready!!

Troy

When I lived in Calgary, one time I went in the Commercial lane 'cus I wasn't sure and got chewed out by the US customs.  So after that it was the non commercial even if they had to look up.  The Commercial lanes' customs 'box" is higher so he's level  with the cab.

DON'T hit yellow knob.  Just keep foot on brake.  If you need to activate brakes, let them know.  They get ticked off.

If in doubt, call them to be safe.

Roger

I tell the Border agent I will let him know first, if I plan to activate the parking brake.  Also, you probably know about having the pets documentation info.

I plan to ask in advance this year, what food can and cannot be brought across the border, same going the other way.  I've seen some pretty upset people having to throw food away at the border which would ruin a trip.

Keep meds in original containers.

Where are you heading to?

On edit,  I can't see a sat dish on your trailer roof but if you have Shaw, it works from Northern BC to Mexico I'm told.  I know it works in Southern Florida, I have an auto system on the trailer roof from RF Mogul in Salt Lake City.

3 hours ago, rdickinson said:

I tell the Border agent I will let him know first, if I plan to activate the parking brake.  Also, you probably know about having the pets documentation info.

I plan to ask in advance this year, what food can and cannot be brought across the border, same going the other way.  I've seen some pretty upset people having to throw food away at the border which would ruin a trip.

Keep meds in original containers.

Where are you heading to?

On edit,  I can't see a sat dish on your trailer roof but if you have Shaw, it works from Northern BC to Mexico I'm told.  I know it works in Southern Florida, I have an auto system on the trailer roof from RF Mogul in Salt Lake City.

Yes  was told that by my buddy’s hauling freight. Ya I have been down with my pick up and trailer with my dogs. Yes might be alittle different now on food too!! I don’t bring much at all just my dog food which is in the original package. I have TELUS sat it doesn’t work down there lol I just hit the cheap bin for movies lol. But I might have to look into a sat for the trailer!! I’m heading down to Quartzsite area. First time for me so be very interesting!  I’m looking forward to it!  When and where are heading  Rodger?? 

I'd go with RF Mogul in Salt Lake City, I can provide names and contact info. You could get a subscription from Shaw, keep your Canadian phone with you.  Have RF Mogul install it for you then activate the Sat dish with your CANADIAN phone.  Using a US phone won't work..

If there is ever a problem, Carlo can absolutely walk you thru the process of getting things up and running plus they will send updates which can be downloaded onto a thumb drive then uploaded into the controller.  You will easily be able to get Shaw at Q.

Mid December is jump off time, depending on WX.  WX also will determine routing.  1st stop is Americus GA for a couple of weeks on Disaster Response with the Fuller Group. Then Wickham Park in Melbourne Fl from 8th to 15th then the Tampa RV show till the 20th. Not sure after that.  Depends on who or what group  has something ready and where.  I'm down for 4.5 months and trying to avoid backtracking to save fuel. 

If I go that route, I'll email in advance.  Last time I ran into a dust storm.

Make sure your tires, brakes and bearings are all up to snuff.

R

Another edit.

Is your rig winterized ?? probably by now.

How much is one of those dishes?? Oh wow sounds like be a great trip!! Yes we ll have to keep in touch on where we are!! That would be neat to meet up on the trail!! Ya I winterized back in sept it’s been very cold here. But I have dry camped a few times since then lol!! But definitely look forward to some heat lol!! 

On 11/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, rdickinson said:

...1st stop is Americus GA for a couple of weeks on Disaster Response with the Fuller Group. Then Wickham Park in Melbourne Fl from 8th to 15th then the Tampa RV show till the 20th. Not sure after that.  ...

Hope to be able to say hi if we make it down to the Tampa show.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived