Trouble with HD channels on Dish

Worked just fine yesterday, but today on many (not all) of the HD channels I get the message, "Signal lost on HD channel, switching, tuning to SD equivalent."

All of the Local channels (out of Tucson) come in on HD just fine and a handful of other channels that I've checked come in on HD.  But others (like 190 and 184, for example...but there are others) show signal loss on the HD channel.

Could this be a problem with Dish? Or perhaps the equipment (Winegard Trav'ler and VIP 612 DVR receiver)?

If it's the equipment, we're headed to Quartzsite and we'll have Satellite Advantage take a look at it.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

"Diagnostics" doesn't give me any information on signal strength.  However, if I go to "System Info," both 110 & 119 light up green, but 129 turns red with a big "X."  

So I'm assuming this means that the 129 is out on the Trav'ler.  If that's the case, we'll check with Satellite Advantage to see if they can order a new LNB for us.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Well, the problem seems to have cured itself.

This morning, we'd put the antenna down so we could go drain tanks and get propane.  When we came back, I put the antenna up and all 3 satellites had an asterisk by them.  DH said why not put the antenna down and raise it again? So I did.  This time when I did the same test as above, all 3 satellites turned green and I can now get the HD channels!

Fingers crossed, it won't give us further problems.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

• 1 month later...

Archived