RV Service in Olympia, WA area recommendations?

jwil1208

8 minutes ago, jwil1208 said:

... need minor things done as well as a MAJOR question solved:  why won't the (black & grey) tanks drain!!!??

If neither tank will drain my first question is, are you assuming that the tanks aren't draining because the gauge shows them to be full or partially full? RV tank gauges are of the cheapest type available in most brands and those rarely work for very long. The level is sensed by several metal buttons extending through the tank wall and sense a small electric current between the different sensors to indicate level. Once the tanks have been used a few times there is a residue left on the tank walls that will conduct electricity, especially when wet. That causes the tank levels to be wrong and often to show completely full. 

It could be that you do have some sort of blockage so if your tanks are actually full to where the sink doesn't drain and things back up into the shower, and if you can see into the black tank with a flashlight and it is full, then you have a different issue. While tank drain problems do happen, I can't remember the last time I heard of a problem that blocked both tanks. Let us know which problem you have and we can likely help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Do your grey and black tanks drain through a single valve?   It is possible a piece of the hole cutout for one of the tanks is blocking it.  Keeping the black closed, put a bucket under outlet and slowly open gray tank - if nothing coming out, try a short snake-like rod up to see if you can feel the blockage.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

13 hours ago, jwil1208 said:

We have an Arctic Fox 5th wheel.... need minor things done as well as a MAJOR question solved:  why won't the (black & grey) tanks drain!!!??

You didn't mention the year or model, but a lot of Arctic Fox's have electric drain valves.  Is this a brand new rig?  Have you ever successfully drained the tanks?

Since (apparently) both the grey & black are not draining, I would suspect a blown fuse, dead coach battery,  bad switch, or loose/disconnected switch wire.

Archived