Peterbilt part number source?

Exile

Google has not been my friend in this search.

The evil Paccar empire has hidden all their part numbers inside their firewall.

does anyone have any other sources?  When i call them, they ask me for vin number, so i expect just shelling out 350$ for an old parts manual might not get me all the right part numbers due to the variations between trucks- suspension types, etc. 

any other suggestions?

does anyone subscribe to the Paccar parts thing?

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Just give them the vin. They will tell you price, part number, if it is available and if not where it is available. Their prices are not too bad. They will also print out a page from the computer that shows how it goes together and related parts.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I have the chassis bill of materials for my old 1984 Peterbilt 359 part numbers that came with the truck when bought. Thats how Peterbilt works by you giving the vin. number. Mines stamped on the dash on a brass plate. That vin. number will also get you a service record of work done by Peterbilt. Every wire also is tagged with a number on both ends. Pretty Cool

Freightliner is pretty much the same, need the VIN # to get anything at the dealer, but they will give you the part number. Hardest part is if you want to add things your truck did not have but you saw on another. You better have that trucks VIN # for them to get a part number. 

I think this is mainly due that these trucks can be spec'd out many different ways and parts books would need to be massive to cover all the variations.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

12 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Freightliner is pretty much the same, need the VIN # to get anything at the dealer, but they will give you the part number. Hardest part is if you want to add things your truck did not have but you saw on another. You better have that trucks VIN # for them to get a part number. 

I think this is mainly due that these trucks can be spec'd out many different ways and parts books would need to be massive to cover all the variations.

It's even more fun when you have an old truck that's been reworked. At one point I had an 86 Freightliner that was born with a Cummins, 9spd and 4 spring suspension.

By the time I got it, the truck had a Cat, 13 spd and air ride. You hope to get a good parts guy...

Just walk in and ask them to price what you need. Give them the vin. They look it up and and tell you how much it cost. Trust me you would not be the first nor the last to walk out without the parts if the price it too high.  Ive been in Peterbilt so many times this past summer I swear they have my account punched up on the computer before I hit the counter.

You can buy many parts through independent parts stores. I buy a crap ton of parts through Weldon truck parts. https://weldonparts.com/

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Thanks, they printed 30 pages of wiring diagrams for me today, so i better bring them some donuts this Saturday, since they have to work.

hadnt cone across Weldon on searches, will add it to my resources.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Building a working relationship with a local dealer can pay dividends.  I let my local Mack dealer know that since they treat me so well, I don't bother shopping around.  Now they treat me even better.  They work with a Volvo dealer from over 100 miles distant to get me parts far cheaper than the Volvo dealers closer to home.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived