Changing DTV Service address

I know this has been beaten to death, but I need some advice. I have had DTV for close to 22 yrs now and since we went full time  3 yrs ago have never had a problem changing my service address. We only change it 2 times a year. We don't bother changing when we travel just at our summer and winter locations.  We got to our winter park in Florida yesterday and I have spent 3 hours total on the phone trying to change our service address. We also have AT&T connect a car (wifi) and now our accounts are combined. I was told ( I called 3 different times trying to get someone in the lower 48) that we could not change  service address anymore without a move request which required a service technician to come out and install my already installed equipment at a cost to me. My dish is stationary, my receivers have not moved and I have 95 to 100 % on my signal. I have all the upper channels just fine. How do I get them to just change the service address? I really don't won't to change to Dish. BTW I can't get locals on the antenna here.

Thanks for any advice.

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

It has been beaten to death and just reading previous threads will have everything you need to know.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I was getting a run around the last time I changed service address. I called back and ask doe customer retention. After explaining to her why I was frustrated and my purpose for having direct was to receive locals in areas without ota tv and wanting to stay abreast of weather, she had my service address changed in less than 5 minutes. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

According to someone on another group who says he's a DirecTV customer and has recently changed his service address, he says he calls 800-769-4635 and hasn't had a problem.  You might give it a try to see if it works for you (he claims his DirecTV account has been migrated to AT&T).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

X2 on the above number.  If you have issues with getting help at that one try 877/407-4720.  That number was recently posted on another forum as a good number for DirecTV/AT&T customers to get their service address changed over without a problem.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I got that same 'move request'  story during my recent attempt to change locals.  After 2 days of chat and calls, I finally found a nice lady who, after being on the phone for close to 1/2 hour, got LA locals for me.  It was like pulling teeth. 

I was in Quartzsite, but I used a Los Angeles address after hearing that the LA spot beam is pretty big, so I'm hoping I'll never have to suffer this nightmare again.  

Just to touch base about my original post. I spent a total of 4.25 hours over a period of 3 days trying to change my service address. The bottom line, We have a AT&T hotspot and since They have started combining different accounts into one account you can no longer change service addresswith out a move request and that requires a tech to come out to install your receivers(  you know the result of that in an RV). and an additional cost. We have all the upper channels so for the time being we will leave it alone. we can get basic cable  in our park for $15.00 crappy reception but everything else on the DTV works. this will give me time to study Dish network. I will be asking question from the ones with Dish. Thanks everyone for your response.

SKP# 123923

19 hours ago, rving4us said:

Just to touch base about my original post. I spent a total of 4.25 hours over a period of 3 days trying to change my service address. The bottom line, We have a AT&T hotspot and since They have started combining different accounts into one account you can no longer change service addresswith out a move request and that requires a tech to come out to install your receivers(  you know the result of that in an RV).

Did you try one of the two numbers mentioned above?  If you did and still weren't able to get your locals changed, did you try asking for Customer Retention?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

LindaH, I tried every number. The simple answer is I have a combined bill DTV and wireless internet. If I dropped the wireless I could change my service address for DTV. My wireless internet is $20. a month unlimited so don't want to drop it. Customer retention was more than glad to cancel DTV. 

SKP# 123923

Archived