Boondocking

SuiteSuccess

Anyone with extensive experience boondocking who will be attending the ECR and would consider giving a short seminar on that experience, please contact me at ecrcarl@gmail.com.  Thanks.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, when is the ECR this year? I have a feeling I'll be out around Moab still boondocking about that time if it's around April otherwise I'd love to help out.  

I can't say enough how much I have enjoyed boondocking this past year and all the awesome places we have visited. Adding Solar back in July made it so "quiet" and peaceful and even more enjoyable. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

21 minutes ago, BlueLghtning said:

Carl, when is the ECR this year? I have a feeling I'll be out around Moab still boondocking about that time if it's around April otherwise I'd love to help out.  

I can't say enough how much I have enjoyed boondocking this past year and all the awesome places we have visited. Adding Solar back in July made it so "quiet" and peaceful and even more enjoyable. 

April 27 - May 4.  If you’re gonna be around just let me know at above email and we’ll finalize.  Thanks. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

18 hours ago, GlennWest said:

please share the places one can go with the hdt. I hear much talk about small campers needed for this. 

Out West is certainly much easier boondocking with a HDT and certainly smaller rigs have more options, but I've found some amazing places with my setup and I've probably been a few places that maybe I shouldn't have been. haha. 

Being able to scout ahead with a car or motorcycle is a big help making sure you don't get into a place that's tough to get out of. When I'm looking for new places, I spend a lot of times reading reviews. If I see other large 5th wheels or Class A's have gotten there, usually that's a pretty good bet. If a small bumper pull or truck camper says it was tough or tight, then I know I'm probably not going to fit. It's a learning experience for sure. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

On 11/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

Anyone with extensive experience boondocking who will be attending the ECR and would consider giving a short seminar on that experience, please contact me at ecrcarl@gmail.com.  Thanks.

Sounds like it could be an interesting seminar. 

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

2 minutes ago, KnoxSwift said:

So this is in the HDT section, are you only interested in speakers with HDT? (As pointed out by Glenn and BL) I'm not sure you'd want to here from us little camper guys?? LOL

qEJMpCyl.jpg

Haha, appreciate the offer but trying to keep it at our rally to someone with experience that is doing it in an HDT which is more applicable to our group.  Thanks anyway.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived