Tampa RV show with HDT

Star Dreamer

We are thinking of going to the Tampa RV show in January with just the HDT. Can anyone give us some tips like where we can park/camp, when is good time to get there, any other tidbits we should know?

Thanks

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

They have dry camping in the front lots, some 30 amp service only in the back lot, and if your a vendor they have full hookups. We went in 17 and dry camped, last year paid for the 30 amp service and this year will be working in a booth so vender parking here we come, others will join in here with there thoughts, and Tampa has campgrounds a few miles away, but don't know how long you want to stay in the truck, the dry camping has porta pots but no shower.

Roger 

GCTaaehl.jpg

We'll be dry camping in the NE corner of the main parking lot.  Plan to arrive Wed morning when gate opens and will stay two or three days.

Roger, what booth will you be at?

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

13 hours ago, Jim & Wilma said:

We'll be dry camping in the NE corner of the main parking lot.  Plan to arrive Wed morning when gate opens and will stay two or three days.

Roger, what booth will you be at?

Hi Roger,

I'm curious myself. Inquiring minds need to know. If you want, you send me a p/m or a text.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Thank you everyone, guess we will try to be there Wednesday morning and park in the NE area too. Probably just stay 2 days or so. If we need a shower, guess we could just go to a truck stop or run to the beach!

Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Susan and I are planning to go, but may stay in Winter Haven and drive over each day.  But, just in case, are there generally spaces available in the dry area?  We may just stay there before heading over to visit Mom in Winter Haven.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

17 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

. . .  are there generally spaces available in the dry area? 

Parking lot is huge and people park where they want.  Generally by 10 ish  there are cars parked everywhere making it tougher for our large rigs to park together. 

Pin marks approx location.  If you visit and decide not to stay, at least stop by and say hi.

data=o_9iP8AZmu8zzwcPQyuOkhDJY08MvHwxvXw

Jim & Wilma

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

20 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

We will also be in the NE corner of the parking lot dry camping with several others. As said above, plan on being there when they open on Wednesday

So David, more details please.  Where do you stay night before?  Do you fill fresh water tank before you leave Georgia?  Where do you empty black tank day before?  What time are you lining up at gate?  Are there tens, hundreds, or thousands of trailers competing for the NE corner?  How many days?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

46 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Okay, so it appears you just arrive and park?  No reservations?  Fees?

No reservations for boondocking in the parking lot which I believe opens at 8:00.  Fee info here.  

Jim & Wilma

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

On 11/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, Foreverunstopable said:

Good Morning,

My wife and I have been considering an HDT for some time now and will be going to the Tampa RV show this year. Are there any other HDTs attending which would not mind sharing their thoughts on the subject and why they chose their particular rig?

Regards in advance.

Please feel free to PM me.

Hi Forever,

The guys that are at the show in the northeast corner are a good bunch of guys. If you can't find anyone around there the guys ( Rick or Roger ) working in the Comfort Ride Hitch booth both have HDT's. They can answer your questions. Two more good guys.

Enjoy your time at the show.
Al

PS; There is also a HDT gathering in Tenn. in April. Newbies are always welcomed. Bring your questions. 

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

On 11/18/2018 at 6:29 AM, Foreverunstopable said:

Good Morning,

My wife and I have been considering an HDT for some time now and will be going to the Tampa RV show this year. Are there any other HDTs attending which would not mind sharing their thoughts on the subject and why they chose their particular rig?

Regards in advance.

Please feel free to PM me.

Feel free to hit us up, we have had our HDT for 7 years now.

Dave

• 1 month later...

We were there, saw Jim and Wilma's rig, and likely Star Dreamer's truck, but no others. We'll be back on Friday, hope to meet up with some of you.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We stopped by and checked out the HDTs

in the Northeast corner.

Thanks so much for the hospitality, and letting us glean some much needed advice from you all.

We very much enjoyed the visit

Michael and Licia

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Ditto Roger,  We enjoyed meeting you as well, and would love to drool over that Big White Freightliner sometime.

Go Cheifs,  beat Patriots like rented mules.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

We were there on Wednesday but ended up leaving Thursday morning as the wife was not feeling well. We walked a good portion of the outside parking area Wednesday but never did see any other HDT's.

A little bit of correction to what was posted earlier, there were no porta potties anywhere we could find in the outside parking area. There was ONE on Wednesday morning when we arrived but that one disappeared later that day. Luckily I dumped our small one we keep in the truck before it disappeared. I did find a way to sneak into the event Thursday morning before we left to dump it again in one of the bathrooms. I guess we were the only ones that needed to use a porta potty as most of the other rigs we saw were motorhomes and fifth wheels. Next year we will either bring the trailer or just do a hotel.

Archived