RV_

My malware protection Malwarebytes is showing a trojan alert!

What is RVshare.com? I keep getting an alert here on the Escapees forums that there is a trojan from rvshare.com and it has been blocked???? What's going on?

RV Share has an ad over on the upper right side of this page too. It was blocked without my clicking on it as a Trojan attempt. When I saw its hotlink I clicked on it and Malwarebytes blocked the website as a Trojan. I tried again today just now on this page. It is still blocking it as a Trojan containing website. I hope it isn't compromising less hardened computers. Were I the webmaster there I'd be concerned. It's not my problem. And my systems find a non working server when I tried to access it. It's probably just an old or broken SSL on their end.

54 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I don't see an ad for RV Share.

rvshare.png

XnkLFR5l.png

Look in the upper right of this screen shot taken today. And no I am through clicking on it even if it is clean now.

aFORKcRl.png

Edited by RV_

I use a VPN now that offers a lot more protection than my built in ad blocker and ad blocker + alone, both of which I have as well as Premium Malwarebytes running real time side by side with Windows defender. The VPN does an awesome job as well as making all traffic heavily encrypted.

If you want a VPN free, it is built into the Opera browser:

https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=pa&utm_campaign=USA - Search - EN - Topics&msclkid=10a0e5d00b3a18f7b19eb982887d2fb0&utm_term=%2BVPN&utm_content=VPN_broad

Derek, I think I've mentioned it to you before, I"m now running the built-in VPN in windows 10 since I had that bad stuff that tried to enter your computer. What do you think of it? If you know something else is better please direct me.

Edited by Ray,IN

On 3/12/2019 at 3:17 AM, RV_ said:

Ray,

Have you a link to explain this VPN? Using what server?

It must be a Windows server somewhere as the VPN link is built into W10 settings under network and internet. It does not have a selection for what/where VPN, only a sign-up page for the usual name, password, username, etc.

As you know I'm not tech savvy.

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

It must be a Windows server somewhere as the VPN link is built into W10 settings under network and internet. It does not have a selection for what/where VPN, only a sign-up page for the usual name, password, username, etc.

As you know I'm not tech savvy.

If you are running Windows 10 and have all the security updates installed you don't need any virus protection or anything else.  If you don't believe me just go to one of the Microsoft Windows stores and talk to them. They will explain all of this to you.  Windows 10 is the most secure operating system ever; it's not the old legacy system from years past.   I signed up for the Microsoft Assure program and they give you priority service over other clients;  faster service.   Even if you don't have that yearly subscription ( although it's worth every penny, free installation of any hardware or software, including transfer of data),  the staff at the Windows store said that if you get a virus... they will clean your computer at no charge... again.. without the subscription..you might have to wait longer. 

Here's the takeaway point... they are so confident that you will not have a virus with Windows 10... they will fix it for FREE......and you know what......ever since I got Windows 10 installed.... I have NEVER had a virus.....

They must really know what they are talking about....you think??

Finally,  don't let some ad on TV or something else scare you into thinking you need a virus protection program...all they want is your money...and your computer will run less efficiently with their program and maybe get screwed up.... don't do it...the native operating system is perfect just the way it is.... but, keep updating the system from Microsoft Windows...they  are free updates... Good luck.