Control the Federal Dept?

Kirk W

Another words, it will not happen and our grand children need to learn to converse with the Chinese, or whatever country will take over someday.

IMHO

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Kirk,

Why are you making a political post that is clearly against the SKPs rules here? And on the weekend when there are no admins at work.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 hours ago, Kirk W said:

??????

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Actually saw nothing political in the post or the article. Now the discussion got political but that had nothing to do with the article.The Nation Debt is a problem for all Americans.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:35 PM, NDBirdman said:

grand children need to learn to converse with the Chinese, or whatever country will take over someday.

IMHO

I have a Historian cousin who speaks several lanuages. He says French will be the dominant (or univeral) language in his grandson's lifetime. This based on the population change in Africa compared to many other nations. He is teaching his Pre-K grandchild French.

As for Kirk's post, he made a statement everyone should be concerned about. He said US Debt. to me that is, ALL DEBTORS. That is personal debt and Gov't debt. My definition of GOV'T is "Federal", "State", "County", "Local". Local is large such as School, Fire  Protection, Police, Local roads, Cities and on and on. 

Clay.

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

The Nation Debt is a problem for all Americans.

Exactly. And it is a problem that will probably begin to have a negative impact on the financial futures of all Americans if nothing is done to deal with it. I really don't see how it is a political subject when none of our elected officials seem to have any interest in addressing the problem? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 11/11/2018 at 4:12 PM, Kirk W said:

Exactly. And it is a problem that will probably begin to have a negative impact on the financial futures of all Americans if nothing is done to deal with it. I really don't see how it is a political subject when none of our elected officials seem to have any interest in addressing the problem? 

You don't consider this a political statement?  The title of this thread says "Control the Federal Dept".  I don't know what department you're referring to, but I'll bet it's part of the government.

Here's a couple of definitions of "political".

political2.JPG

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

If a  "political post" is defined as "of or relating to government", then we shouldn't be talking about domicile issues, health insurance, Social Security, Medicare, carrying guns across state lines, traffic laws, drivers' licenses, vehicle registration...

All these things are "of or relating to government".

I am surprised, I am glad we feel free to disagree on content, and be civil. Y'all go on ahead without me. I'll just see what the admins say, and if posts asking us to discuss current and past politically driven fiscal policy is judged by them to be OK, I'll be happy to jump in and discuss it "Tit for Tat."

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Yeah, it really doesn't bother me if people want to discuss this.  It's a worthwhile subject for discussion.  Just don't claim it's not political, it totally is. 

For the record, there are lot's of elected officials who are interested in addressing this problem, their shouts fall on deaf ears however. 

Also, for the record,  as much as I love tit, I would never trade tat for it.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Well, the national debt was created by the government so it sorta is political, I reckon. But all parties helped create it so it is a mute point. I honestly believe you all are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I affects all of us financially and is worth being discussed as long as we keep politics out. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I affects all of us financially and is worth being discussed as long as we keep politics out. 

While I was thinking the same as you are, I now regret having brought the subject up. I had thought that the majority of posters were big enough people to discuss such a serious issue without going political. The reactions do seem to indicate that I was wrong. 

What a joke . Some have turned the main focus of this thread into whether or not the proposed subject is political .

Like Oregon JIm states , there's virtually nothing that can be discussed as most everything is related , somehow , to government , at one level or another . Even our speech , for cryin' out loud .

Oh , maybe the number of tp sheets each of us uses . I don't think there's a regulation on that , YET . 

As for our debt , I have no answer . Maybe simply declare bankruptcy and start over . Happens every day . :(

Goes around , comes around .

There is no way that this will not be political! But while this is still open I will have my say. Didn't we just have the largest income tax cut ever with most of it going to companies and not individuals? Are they not now talking about a new income tax cut to help the middle class? If they where worried about the highest debt level in US History they wouldn't have passed a cut at all. Oh, I see we are going to grow out of the deficit with and expanding economy! It has never happened before but maybe this time!

39 minutes ago, whj469 said:

There is no way that this will not be political! But while this is still open I will have my say. Didn't we just have the largest income tax cut ever with most of it going to companies and not individuals? Are they not now talking about a new income tax cut to help the middle class? If they where worried about the highest debt level in US History they wouldn't have passed a cut at all. Oh, I see we are going to grow out of the deficit with and expanding economy! It has never happened before but maybe this time!

I'm paying less taxes on my checks now. Sorta contradicts your statement. 

We, as citizens of the United States of America, have only one recourse for reducing and eliminating the national debt. VOTE! Then hound the elected representatives until they pay attention to us.

Now, the reality of it is, our nation will never be  debt-free again. Our monetary system has no solid basis, it is controlled by a independent body who decides how much a dollar is worth.https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/federalreservebank.asp

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

We, as citizens of the United States of America, have only one recourse for reducing and eliminating the national debt. VOTE! Then hound the elected representatives until they pay attention to us.

Now, the reality of it is, our nation will never be  debt-free again. Our monetary system has no solid basis, it is controlled by a independent body who decides how much a dollar is worth.https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/federalreservebank.asp

Although I believe most people want the debt reduced, there is not a consensus on how to best do it.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

That is the very reason that they usually don't allow this type of discussion on the forum! "I am paying less taxes on my checks now" what does that mean? No one has filed a tax return since the income tax cut. The tax planner that I use indicates no difference in my income tax liability. More then 80% of this tax cut went to companies and the richest 2% of tax payers. I will not argue facts with ignorant people and topics like this sure bring them out!

1 hour ago, pjstough said:

Although I believe most people want the debt reduced, there is not a consensus on how to best do it.

And that is the reason citizens need to be studying the problem and looking to push all of our elected officials to do something. 

3 hours ago, whj469 said:

If they where worried about the highest debt level in US History they wouldn't have passed a cut at all. Oh, I see we are going to grow out of the deficit with and expanding economy! It has never happened before but maybe this time!

This is not the highest debt level in history.  That was after WWII and the expanding economy following that time did indeed bring us out of it.

1 hour ago, whj469 said:

I will not argue facts with ignorant people and topics like this sure bring them out!

This is why political discussions are not allowed.  Just because you disagree with someone doesn't make them ignorant, nor does it entitle you to call them that.

36 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

And that is the reason citizens need to be studying the problem and looking to push all of our elected officials to do something. 

When constituents start contacting their elected officials and tell them to start cutting the benefits the constituents are receiving, the elected officials may start doing something, however, usually when constituents contact elected officials about reducing the debt or deficit, they usually want the elected officials to cut the benefits someone else is getting and not them.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Archived