Emergency truck acces ability

Wrknrvr

This may help if you need help getting into and out of your truck.

unIYFzQl.jpg

I was helping a friend yesterday working on his car. Well we broke a bolt off in the suspension and he said well we do not have to go anywhere tomorrow. So we we're figuring out what to do and his wife came out and said she had an emergency mri tomorrow.

Now what is he going to do to get her to the hospital. I said I have away that she can get into the truck fairly easy. So his car is not operating and she has a problem with her shoulder. So getting into the truck is near to impossible. So she tried yesterday and said yes it will work

Last fall my wife had surgery and could not enter the truck normally. So we used the ladder method to travel south last fall.

Just in case,.   Vern

Vern,

This was my solution for wife’s bad knees.

xzHc39ol.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

9 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Vern,

xzHc39ol.jpg

Thanks for putting this solution out there again, Carl.  I think it's a great way to go.  I'm healing up from the second hip replacement a week ago.  This has never been far from my mind.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

1 hour ago, Sculptor said:

Thanks for putting this solution out there again, Carl.  I think it's a great way to go.  I'm healing up from the second hip replacement a week ago.  This has never been far from my mind.

Kevin,

It’s important for folks to know there are solutions for most physical barriers so that we can keep doing what we love.  I don’t take credit for originality in this idea,  it just solved our issue.  We were to a point where we were considering selling the truck and trailer and going to a Class A or equivalent.  There are a lot of really smart people on this forum and I am so appreciative that when a problem is put on the forum rather than the poster getting criticism, they get solutions unlike other forums I have read.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

11 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Vern,

xzHc39ol.jpg

May I ask where you got these and can they be stored or pulled up after you enter the truck?

Thanks ,

Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

You mean something like Powered Passenger Cab Lift?

It is amazing what you can find in the Resource Guide.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

9 hours ago, hatrack said:

May I ask where you got these and can they be stored or pulled up after you enter the truck?

Thanks ,

Ken....

Ken.

Got them here.  http://www.adventurerv.net/scissor-steps-wide-step-quadruple-truck-camper-p-29899.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj8WG5vDJ3gIV04uzCh3xMAbZEAQYCSABEgJO4PD_BwE&sc_intid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adventurerv.net29899&scid=scplphttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.adventurerv.net29899&adpos=1o9&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Froogle&utm_campaign=partsfeed_organic

And yes they can be removed and stored.  We store them under the work station in the truck but passenger side storage compartment works also.

The grey thing with bolts is the upper bracket that holds the stairs.  Very quick and easy.  I just took the step off and tack welded some nuts on the inside of it.vw5gcr4l.jpg

hZmj9CTl.jpg

iZLARgzl.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

4 hours ago, Buscrusher said:

For my wife I would like to find a place that makes an actual lift so she can just sit in it and get a ride from the ground up to the passenger seat 

Think the original is for sale.  Contact Jim Gell on this forum as he was the owner.  I’ll try to find his forum name so you can PM him.

Try this. http://www.rvnetwork.com/profile/14951-jim-gell/

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I know there are several different ways to accomplish this subject. But our experience was in a few minutes I knew I had to do something quick as my wife was going to operated on and there was snow on the ground. So no fiddling around time.

Just get ladder out when she needed in or out. The other day my neighbor had a situation happen in about one hour that caused his problem. That is why I started this topic.

Now what has been shown is very good. I have your system in my mind in case it would become a permanent situation.

Just a thought,.    Vern

Sorry Vern.  I apologize for the hijacking.  

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

19 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

You mean something like Powered Passenger Cab Lift?

It is amazing what you can find in the Resource Guide.

That's cool, and if I recall right, Henry (Phoenix) built that one. My wife is pretty unsteady on her feet these days, so an actual chair on a lift would make her feel safer. At the very least this one would have to have some sort of grab rail for her to hang on to. She was in a bad car wreck several years ago, plus had 3 cancer surgeries and at least 2 TIAs, so stability is a serious issue. Lots of steps would be all but impossible, even though they're simple for most people.

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

On 11/10/2018 at 7:10 AM, SuiteSuccess said:

Ken.

Got them here.  http://www.adventurerv.net/scissor-steps-wide-step-quadruple-truck-camper-p-29899.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj8WG5vDJ3gIV04uzCh3xMAbZEAQYCSABEgJO4PD_BwE&sc_intid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adventurerv.net29899&scid=scplphttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.adventurerv.net29899&adpos=1o9&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Froogle&utm_campaign=partsfeed_organic

And yes they can be removed and stored.  We store them under the work station in the truck but passenger side storage compartment works also.

The grey thing with bolts is the upper bracket that holds the stairs.  Very quick and easy.  I just took the step off and tack welded some nuts on the inside of it.vw5gcr4l.jpg

hZmj9CTl.jpg

iZLARgzl.jpg

Thanks Suite for the info and the link,  I'll order one when we get our truck next year.

Thanks,  Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Archived