Sign in to follow this  
Friz

Original Dinette

Since being built, my 2004 Keystone Cougar 278EHS  5th wheel has lost it's dinette. Anyone know where I could find one or something similar? We are just starting RVing (again) so I do not have a long list of vendors yet. Working on it. 

5.jpg

You want a dinette rather than replace it with a table and chairs? We found chairs to be more flexible for seating but you lose the storage under the dinette benches.

Linda

17 hours ago, sandsys said:

You want a dinette rather than replace it with a table and chairs? We found chairs to be more flexible for seating but you lose the storage under the dinette benches.

Linda

I think you are right. A table and chairs would be much easier. Fortunately, storage is not an issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, Friz said:

A table and chairs would be much easier.

Many RV folks actually remove the dinette in favor of a table & chairs. You may need to do some work on the floor and I would also give some thought to ways of preventing the table & chairs from moving about the RV while traveling.  

35 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

I would also give some thought to ways of preventing the table & chairs from moving about the RV while traveling.  

L brackets to table legs work well. Then bungie cord chairs on opposite sides of the table to each other. Done.

Linda

We had a fifth wheel and now a pull trailer with table and chairs. Tables are bolted to the floor--just four ordinary screws and they never moved. Chairs always sit exactly where we left them no matter how bad the road with out any bungee cords or anything else.  Not only more flexible layout but decent chairs are far more comfortable than the booths.

Former Suites had pedestal table/chairs and they NEVER moved while traveling, even on roughest roads. Possibly because they were on carpet. Agree with table/chairs are better for some people for comfort.