Trailer bushings, stay with wet bolts or go with never fail composite no lube bushings?

mr. cob

17 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Pros and cons.....  The sending units of the TPMS can catch road debris, or shreds from a disintegrating neighbor, and cause more tire failures.  I lost three tires this summer, when one failed suddenly, and the flying rubber caught the senders on the other two tires and ripped out the valve stems.

This is the reason on the new truck and my DRV I installed the sensors inside the tire banded to the rim, no more sensors cumming up missing somehow, no road damage to them, and easy to air up tires, did cost more than my first born, but at least they work.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I need to come back to this page more often. You guys have such great information. I broke my first shackle connector piece on my Raptor toy hauler back in August and only realized it when I got to a rest area and saw the axle all crooked. FB came to the rescue and told me Tractor Supply stocked the parts I needed. I used a big ratchet strap to tie the middle axle to the rear axle and limped my way 20 miles down the road to the tractor supply. 2 awesome guys saw me working on it in the parking lot and jumped in an helped. 

Since then I've started checking my shackles at every stop. I just made a cross country run last week from southern CA to GA and on the way I had to replace two more shackle connectors. I caught both before they broke all the way through, but man what a pain. So now I'm looking at doing a wet bolt update and maybe replacing my equalizers as they are looking pretty sad on a 6 year old trailer. I just don't quite know what I want to to yet. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

BL   I would also ck the shackle brackets. I had a bracket break both legs and it put my axle rubbing the front axle. At the time it was under warranty so it was fixed. I had all 4 cut off and  replaced with heavier brackets and welded plates on the brackets to box them for added strength. So far there has't been any problems and I do ck them whenever we stop. I had replaced the orig bolts and shackle plates with the Moride heavy shackles and haven't had any problems. I also Installed the Moride 4000 Equalizer. Also added shocks with welded brackets. The frame was a Lipper. Always check!    Pat

The Old Sailor

The ideal gift for the HDT’r who has everything:

Auto greasers

Mount on the truck. 

Trailer - Run a bank of lines to a manifold and connect to the truck. 

Build a GPS interface so the system increases supply on rough US roads and all of Canada. 

NOTE: Not for use on drivelines! Not for use by people who enjoy flopping around in gravel under their rig destroying a perfectly good rag while getting dirt in their eyes. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I'm hoping this was "tongue in cheek".  One grease point will always need less pressure to accept grease, and so most of the supply goes there, leaving the others " dry".

Deere quit putting grease banks on combines because hoses leak, seals fail, etc.  with the fitting at the end point of the intended lube, you know if there's an issue.

Bbesides, I'm one who enjoys rolling around in gravel with dirt falling in my eyes.....

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived