AAFES online?

Kirk W

Has anyone used the new online service for all vets yet? I looked into it and need to scan a copy of my DD214 and send in to get authorized. I spoke to my son who is retired Army and he doubts that I'd use it anyway. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I use both Navy/MC exchange and or Airforce/Army exchange on line probably 1-2 times a month.  But I am retired, USMC. I also use the star card

FYI, go to (air force) shopmyexchange.com and click on veterans box and they will take you to the VOSB (veterans online service benefits) page and read thru FAQ, and should explain everything.

go to (Navy) mynavyexchange.com and click link customer service, then click (need answers) the click FAQ, then VOSB, much the same info as other site.

P.s. you don't need to log on for this info. 

This might explain/ answer more of the questions that come to mind.

Stopped using the Exchange a couple of year ago. Too expensive. It used to be an advantage when I was active, but has since caught up with the retailers in cost. I don't think its helps MWR much anymore either. A lot of the famcamps around here (NE) are in shambles anyway. 

It doesn't serve its intended purpose anymore, at least stateside.

Good luck, not much saving there.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL (Traded)

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Sorry to hear about the famcamps you experienced. would be nice to see the letters you wrote to the base Commander. and his/her replies.  cause there is more then just the famcamps. as noted below.

But OH!! well. safe travels.  P.s. kind of off subject cause the OP, was about online shopping.  

Bowling centers Financial Counseling Arts and Crafts Spouse Employment Programs Golf courses In Theatre Support Health & Wellness Discounted Tickets Entertainment & Dining Military Discounts Family Programs Travel & Vacations Space-A Travel Youth Centers & Recreation Clubs Parks & Recreation Soldier Programs & Community Recreation Family Fitness Family and MWR Business Initiatives

Read more: https://militarybenefits.info/morale-welfare-and-recreation-mwr-benefits/#ixzz5VRIJP6JE

Most of those services are not Exchange Services and would not be available to vets. Only active duty and Retired.

I believe the OP was talking about exchange services online. Which I believe has become available to vets.

The EX used to support most off those MWR services. I'm not so sure anymore.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL (Traded)

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

51 minutes ago, markandkim said:

The EX used to support most off those MWR services. I'm not so sure anymore.

They still do, but a LOT has changed in the past 20 - 30 yrs.  Significant reduction in military end strength, significant reduction in cigarette sales (used to be a BIG part of EX profit percentages), reduction in military bases...pretty much everything is smaller so profits are smaller, too.  And yes, prices have gone up  and civilian big box stores have taken their toll on EX sales.

But plenty of the services mentioned are NAF (non-appropriated fund) functions, meaning they are supposed to support themselves.  Can be hard to do once they reduce services or hours.   

I agree with Kirk's son...even if you have access, you probably won't use it.  

Archived