ACA (Obamacare) 2019 Plans - FL

I looked at the upcoming ACA health plans in 20 FL counties. It looks like last year's plans will be available in 2019.

However, they're more expensive. The least expensive Blue Cross nationwide EOP plan (BlueSelect Bronze Essential 1452 EPO) average cost is $845 (*) and the average increase from 2018 is 8.1%.

In Sumter County, Escapees FL "domicile" county, the 1452 plan is $770.

* These prices are for a 63-year-old that has too large of an income to qualify for a subsidy. 

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

I have been on Obama care plans now for several years. I am finally old enough for Medicare and just applied for a supplement plan. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Frankly I'm surprised Florida Blue still has nationwide coverage.  Blues in other states jettisoned this feature two to three years ago.

In Oregon...where there use to be several nationwide plans to choose from.  Now there is only one.  Washington...none.  Same with Texas, SD, and AZ.  Can't comment with first hand knowledge about other states.

2 hours ago, Greg Schoenberg said:

Frankly I'm surprised Florida Blue still has nationwide coverage.  Blues in other states jettisoned this feature two to three years ago.

In Oregon...where there use to be several nationwide plans to choose from.  Now there is only one.  Washington...none.  Same with Texas, SD, and AZ.  Can't comment with first hand knowledge about other states.

From what I've checked, it looks like AK, AL, AR, and CA all have nationwide BCBS plans for 2019.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Add Michigan Zulu. Blue Cross still offers PPO.   This year I did look long and hard at switching to HMO and then supplementing insurance with something like Escapees indemnity plan.   I just think that is too risky though so I am coughing up the dough for another year of PPO. The price is way up and the deductibles have moved to 7,000.00 per person and 15,000.00 per family. They were pretty good my first year into this. We are 60 so I have to patch a few more years together.

Dave and Lana Hasper

1 hour ago, Daveh said:

Add Michigan Zulu. Blue Cross still offers PPO . . . The price is way up and the deductibles have moved to 7,000.00 per person and 15,000.00 per family.

From what I've checked, 2019 ACA prices seem to vary widely.

For example . . .

Alaska Bronze PPO plan: down over 12%
Alabama Bronze PPO plan: up about 4%
California Bronze PPO plan: up about 12%
Arkansas Bronze PPO plan: no increase
Florida Bronze PPO plan: up about 8%

If you're going with an ACA plan, then I'd suggest seriously investigating a "non-traditional" (besides FL, SD, to TX) state residence.

www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

• 1 month later...

Archived