Setting up 1000.2 dish on western arc

dgezy

I have been fighting with setting up my 1000.2 dish on the western arc sats for a long time.  There is something I am missing and I think it is which transponder to to use on sat 129. Sats 110 and 119 come in fine but 129 just won't lock for me. I have a super buddy meter purchased used from Ebay.  If someone could list the steps to take to get this thing peaked correctly I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Dave 

In your Super Buddy, enter the Zipcode, assuming you have selected 1000.2 and the proper quadrant of the country.  Note the settings, Azimuth, Elevation, and Skew.

I found that sometimes I have to exit Zipcode, select LNB1 and then go back into the Zipcode mode.  Sometimes the settings change.

Now with the mast vertical, very vertical, using a bubble level or a regular level on multiple sides of the mast, set the Skew on the dish.  Then mount the dish on the mast and set the Elevation on the Dish.  

Click on LNB1 (119) and swing the Azimuth on the dish watching for a signal bar to rise and fall,  That indicates you have gone by the satellite.  There should be a center vertical bar in the middle of the signal bar indicating the highest level seen.  Swing the dish back until the signal bar is as high as the center bar.  Click on Verify.  You should get an okay,  You can tweak the elevation for a better signal if you wish.

Assuming an okay on 119, then click on LNB2 (110) and click on Verify.  You should get an okay.  If so, then click on LNB3 (129) and do a verify.

You aim with 119.  If you do not get Verifys on the other satellites make sure the Skew is still set.  If not getting Verifys on 110 or 129, suspect interference (trees) especially on 129 which is over to the right and lower.  When in doubt, move the dish to the left for a distance and try again.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Nope, that kind of precision is for professional installers.  As a general rule, use transponder 11.  Lower transponders are used for spot beams and can give a false reading.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Dang Mark. Is there a satelite tool you AREN'T familiar with?  Great detailed instructions. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Mark,

Thanks for your help. I moved the tripod to a different location that I am sure has clear line of sight. Nothing has changed. Lock and verify on both 110 and 119 but 129 will not lock. We are able to watch 129 but there is an error message with each channel change that there is interference. I don't know what to think but I give up. At least we can watch locals in Hi Def. Only thing is PTAT does not work.

Again thanks for your help

Dave

25 minutes ago, dgezy said:

Mark,

Thanks for your help. I moved the tripod to a different location that I am sure has clear line of sight. Nothing has changed. Lock and verify on both 110 and 119 but 129 will not lock. We are able to watch 129 but there is an error message with each channel change that there is interference. I don't know what to think but I give up. At least we can watch locals in Hi Def. Only thing is PTAT does not work.

Again thanks for your help

Dave

You are already getting advice from the pro, but let me mention that anytime I have 110 and 119 but not 129 it has been because it was down in the trees.   At times I've used foil on the two I can get so I could focus on 129.  

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

On 10/29/2018 at 8:10 AM, dgezy said:

I have been fighting with setting up my 1000.2 dish on the western arc sats for a long time.  There is something I am missing and I think it is which transponder to to use on sat 129. Sats 110 and 119 come in fine but 129 just won't lock for me. I have a super buddy meter purchased used from Ebay.

What's your current ZIP code?

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

We just had an issue with a software update that DISH automatically performed on our Wally boxes, and even though our dish was properly aimed and could see all three satellites, the Wally's weren't working.  I finally called Dish tech support and found they screwed up with the software update, and he worked with me for about an hour to force the boxes to update again to the newer version of software.  Could this be the problem?  This upgrade error happened over a month ago.

Archived