How often do you make reservations?

Kirk W

Do you reserve RV sites?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you make RV site reservations?

• Always or most of the time because they are needed where we stay.
    • Didn't used to but have begun doing so because we have trouble finding a place to stay or have failed to find one occasionally.
    • Didn't used to but have begun doing so because we have trouble finding a place to stay or have failed to find one frequently.
    • I seldom make reservations but have had times that I found no place to stay a few times.
    • I seldom make reservations but will start because of problems finding a place to spend the night.
    • I only make reservations for holidays and long term stays.
    • I seldom make reservations and do not need them because we always stop early in the afternoon.
    • I frequently make reservations because in the past I had difficulty locating a place to stay.
    • I make reservations only for busy times and in busy locations and have had no problems as a result.
    • I have always made reservations most of the time and so have never had any problems with RV sites.
    • I rarely or never make reservations and have never had significant problems finding a place to stay.

19 minutes ago, trailertraveler said:

Curious which questions you are counting? These three (total 6 responses) seem to indicate or imply past difficulty finding sites resulting in now making reservations.

You are correct, I should have counted 6!   There have been 13% who now agree it is a growing problem. I probably should have added one for those who used to make reservations but have stopped doing so. But since this isn't scientific, it was only intended for information to help those who may wonder what is happening. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have always made reservations, or at least contacted a targeted campground and asked them about site availability on a certain date range.  For us it is more about getting our year laid out in advance.  Even though we are full-timers we still have certain "obligations" or things that we need to do throughout the year.

For example, with 14 grandchildren there are very few years that we don't have to come out of SW Florida and head directly north for some type of graduation.  All of our doctors are now in one place so we have to be there and get all of that out of the way.  I have to shoot a scheduled qualification course at the State Police district I retired from each spring or fall so there is another date/place to be planned.  Then we have a couple places (mountains) where we are meeting friends each year to ride our motorcycles together, so these are planned and scheduled.

I guess what I am saying is that we preplan our annual travels pretty closely, therefore is has always been a given that we make reservations in advance.  There are at least 4 places that we are staying in 2019 that you have to make reservation at least 6 months in advance or you won't get a spot.  Two of those, Topsail (Florida) and Sprindlers (Illinois) we have already booked.  

So as 2018 comes to a close we will start making final travel plans for 2019.  It will involve spending at least a month in the mountains, up along the east coast, a run to SD, and probably down through Denver and into NM before coming back through the Midwest and zigzagging back down to Florida for another winter.  It will probably take a couple days of planning, numerous phone calls, and a lot of computer work to put it all together.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Archived