Wet and Forget

lappir

I have no stake in the company and this is not an advertisement. 

In fact I'm not sure where I first saw the product, but was able to locate it at a small business where I am currently parked. 

I used the product a couple months ago and was up on the roof today to finish the job. I ran out before I finished the entire roof the first time and was unable to complete the job until today. I have attached a link to some photos I took today. You do have to look closely to see the difference, but take my word for it. There is a remarkable difference between the previously treated area and the untreated. The only thing that is remaining is the pine tar. It's amber now instead of being black as it was before the initial treatment. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uC8m4jBe5qE13jn59

It was early evening when I went to the roof today. Too much dew this morning, and then there was sunshine all day. The instructions say to apply on an overcast day with light winds to prevent too rapid evaporation. The reason I didn't complete the roof on the first application was a sudden increase in wind that day. (and I didn't fill the sprayer. Only made a gallon to start. ) Had I filled the sprayer I would have had plenty to cover the entire roof. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Wet and Forget is the product name. Found in a local Lumber Yard where I have been staying the past 3 months. 

I won't use Amazon or many of the big box stores. I would rather pay a small business owner a bit more to keep the money in the location where I am. 

Please consider that when you make your next Amazon order. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

43 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Interesting product but the directions say nothing about it being safe for rubber roofs. I think I would want to check with the RV manufacturer before using it on a rubber roof. 

I agree. My roof is fiberglass. My winter digs for the past few years have been under a large pine tree. Have lots of sap on the roof from there. Have one more season staying there. Next Spring after leaving I plan to remove all of the sap and treating with a Fiberglass treatment.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

18 hours ago, lappir said:

Wet and Forget is the product name. Found in a local Lumber Yard where I have been staying the past 3 months. 

I won't use Amazon or many of the big box stores. I would rather pay a small business owner a bit more to keep the money in the location where I am. 

Please consider that when you make your next Amazon order. 

Rod

Rod, I just inserted that hyperlink as I found it quickly.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

18 hours ago, lappir said:

Amazon is a good place to go to read about products before you go buy them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

While I don't know that I'd do this on an RV, but a neighbor put me onto a cheap and easy way to remove mold from the outside of buildings and structures. I would think that it would work well for fiberglass or aluminum but probably not good for EDPM. I get some "Amazing Orange" from the local Dollar Store and a gallon of Chlorox bleach and put about a cup per gallon of detergent and a half cup per gallon of Chlorox into a 2gallon sprayer and spray the area with it. Let that stand for an hour or so and then just hose it off with no scrubbing. I have not used it on the RV because I have never had the problem but I have used it on metal buildings, an automobile, concrete patio, and several other surfaces. It has done what the "Wet and Forget" says it will do.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived