New Medicare Card

The new cards for Texas addresses began mailing in September, but are not yet complete. You can sign up at the link below to be notified when your card is sent.

https://www.medicare.gov/newcard

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

You have to have the new card first if you want to request a replacement.  I believe this to be the case. They're sending the cards in batches not individually.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Go to medicare,gov and sign up if you haven't 

If logged on look to right for a box like area that shows info about new card.

in that box if it also shows view and print your card click on that and you can print your new card. color  printer needed cause a black and white card my no be accepted at dr's.

lasted update on card info on site is Oct 15.

also in that box like area there is a line (learn more about your new Medicare card)

it will show map of mailing area in process and completed.

A lot of info on that site. I wrote this after going to site and scribble noting info and then typing here.  Way faster to go there yourself.

Received mine about 3 weeks ago.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

On 10/25/2018 at 6:37 PM, staffnon said:

n that box if it also shows view and print your card click on that and you can print your new card. color  printer needed cause a black and white card my no be accepted at dr's.

My wife used the card I printed for her yesterday and no one cared that our "color printer" only prints with two colors these days.  All they cared about was the new number.  I've also used it online a couple of times to update our records in doctors' offices.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Docj=That is Good, Thanks, 

about colored card vice Black and White Print.  I understand about online, but I just mentioned maybe about the color.  in person/Dr. offices maybe different understanding/policies for different places.  

Me Myself and I, at hospital They required (if copy,color) they scanned both sides (back) for scan code. They then updated all clinics.  Air force base same procedure.

checked Tri4Life, they said they pulled from Medicare and they also noted air force showed update to DOD/Tri4life  P.s. I'm USMC retired, but AF nearest base. 

So different strokes for different situations/locations.

I'm just outside Albquerque and I ask around the table at the coffee shop this morning and no one had received a new one and most were not even aware they were going to  get one. It was about 8-9 people besides myself.

Now if I could get the VA to stop putting my entire social security number on almost every single sheet of paper they have or give me.  Ironically as most VA users know they only ask for your last four digits to verify who you are with your name. I guess I will have to try and memorize the new number on my social security card.

19 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Now if I could get the VA to stop putting my entire social security number on almost every single sheet of paper they have or give me.

I wonder if the VA will just go on using your old number since they are not known for doing anything in a timely manner?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, Kirk Wood said:

A new social security number? This is the first that I have heard of that. 

It's a new Medicare number, not a new Social Security number.  We're all getting new Medicare cards, not SSA ones,  

FWIW, the new "numbers" are mostly letters and will be extremely difficult to memorize (at least for many of us).

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

4 hours ago, docj said:

It's a new Medicare number, not a new Social Security number.  We're all getting new Medicare cards, not SSA ones

If you read the thread, I already have my new Medicare card but he suggested a new SS number also. Like you, I don't think so.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

16 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

If you read the thread, I already have my new Medicare card but he suggested a new SS number also. Like you, I don't think so.

I think he meant to say medicare card, not SS card.  The new medicare account number is no longer your social security number with an "A" appended to it.

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

For those of you who have known me for any length of time, I know you are surprised that someone of my superior intellect could have possibley misspoken but it it true.

A mistake? Not my buddy Jim! Well, I suppose it is true that there is a first time for everything.   😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Recently we wondered about our new Medicare cards, too, so we started checking. Hmmm, SD mailing is complete. We don't have cards. Called Medicare. It seems that their computer flagged our mailing address as a commercial address and they wanted us to verify the address before they would send the card. Of course, since they had flagged the address they couldn't send a letter asking us to verify it. They can, however, send everything else to that address. They simply waited for us to call them. Once I called and verified the address we got the cards in short order.

If the website shows that you should have received your cards, and you haven't, call them and ask. You will probably have to sit on hold for an hour or so, but eventually you will get to talk to the one person who is working that day.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Dave just got a second card in the mail.  Same. Number, namespelled the same, not sure why he has a duplicate, but given. How many they are mailing out,  I’m sure. There will be some small glitches along the way.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I love the way the government swings back and forth. When Dave was in the Army they switched TO using Social Security numbers for IDs. Now Medicare is switching FROM us SS as ID. I can still recite Dave's old ID number but had to learn his Social Security number. So I memorized mine as well since it felt odd to know his but not mine. Now there are new numbers to learn again. Not sure I'll bother this time.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived