Winegard Traveler 1000

W have a Winegard Traveler 1000 with Dish network.  This morning it didn't want to stow so I called and the tech lady walked me thru the EL motor calibrate and it stowed.

Got to where we staying for a week and the unit will stand up/deploy rotate then stands with the arm straight up and I get a flashing code EL Motor Stalled.  Is this an easy recalibrate or what am I in for?  Of course, we're on the move for the next month.

Suggestions?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Unfortunately it has died. I had the same problem and the entire unit had to be replaced. Fortunately it was still under warranty.

From other posts and what the installer said when he put the new one on the trailer it is not that uncommon of a failure on the Traveler 1000.

That really sucks especially if you are out of warranty.

Well, Richard above is right... there is a toasted motor in the turret.  Good news is that if you can show proof of purchase, Winegard will step up and replace the unit.  We have to pay the labor, or I'm doing it myself....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Our almost 6 year old Travler 1000 has failed, will still find and lock onto the three satellites, but will not get signal to the Dish boxes.  I contacted Winegard tech support and they had me do some things to narrow down the problem, which turns out to be internal to the turret.  The options I had was, remove the turret and ship it to Winegard for  an out of warranty rebuild that costs $350 and gives you a 90 day warranty.  The other option of course is just replace it which I am in the process of doing.  Have one showing up Friday from Amazon and it doesn't look too bad to replace, especially replacing like parts.  I figured 6 years full time was a reasonable life for this thing.

I have one that is 8 years old.  If you say it is finding the satellites, how do you know? 

Does the controller box show *119, *110, *129?  If so that means the cable from the C port of the LNBF is connected to the logic card in the turret.

The signals to the receivers usually are from ports A and B of the LNBF, to a slip ring connector in the turret base and out the ports A and B at the base.

You could try moving the coax cable from the base port A to the base port C.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

As Mark and Dale said:  The satellite signal from the LNB takes somewhat of different path than the signal from the LNB to the Dish receiver.  Since the controller locks on to the 3 satellites, the path from the LNB to the receiver has a problem.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Got the new Trav'ler and installed it this morning.  It really wasn't too hard to do, and a neighbor came over and assisted with a tag rope while I pulled up the new unit to the roof.  Nine screws, plug in the comm/electric cable and the two coax cables, and bolt on the dish, and it was ready to work.  No idea what a tech would have charged.

1 minute ago, 57becky said:

Got the new Trav'ler and installed it this morning.  It really wasn't too hard to do, and a neighbor came over and assisted with a tag rope while I pulled up the new unit to the roof.  Nine screws, plug in the comm/electric cable and the two coax cables, and bolt on the dish, and it was ready to work.  No idea what a tech would have charged.

I should have access to a forklift next week.  Saves on the pulling up a rope!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

😁  They aren't really that heavy, just a bit awkward.  I had removed the LNB arm from the old unit so only had to lower the turret by itself.  The new turret came with the LNB arm attached so just rigged the rope so it wouldn't stress the LNB arm.  It would have be better if it had been a little cooler while I was doing this, pushing upper 80's today in Sun City, AZ.

Archived