Pathway X2 advantage

As many know it gets East and west SATs. We pulled into a park and close to trees. Tried everywhere to get signal over those trees. No luck. Was considering moving but decided to try the east SATs. Scanned right in and playing great. The X2 is pointed at an angle to the trees now. Before aimed directly toward trees. Sweet.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

As many know it gets East and west SATs. We pulled into a park and close to trees. Tried everywhere to get signal over those trees. No luck. Was considering moving but decided to try the east SATs. Scanned right in and playing great. The X2 is pointed at an angle to the trees now. Before aimed directly toward trees. Sweet.

Actually, if you're on the Little Rock locals you're better off on the Eastern Arc as that is where their HD signals are.  However, if you're on the Shreveport locals, then the HD signal is on Western Arc and you're just getting SD signals on Eastern Arc.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Oh. Ok. We never check out locals. Just don't interest us. 

Really?  I assume you're with Dish Network.  If you are, you can save $12 per month by turning off the locals, since you don't watch them.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

How much difference can having both Dish arcs capability make? The first photo below shows a view of the Dish western arc and DTV sat locations. The second photo shows the Dish eastern arc sat locations from exactly the same spot. There is no clear view of the Dish WA or DTV sats  anywhere on that site, although it might be possible to hit one or two sats with careful aiming through small gaps in the trees. The entire Dish eastern arc is an easy shot though...

cM7cPUul.jpg

c6eCbX7l.jpg

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

This is our first time heading east with our X2 and it woks great, on one stop in the lake of the Ozarks I was even looking through some light tree cover on the eastern arc. I've also noticed the local footprint is bigger on the eastern arc. We are 40 miles east of Nashville and we are still getting the locals out if Springfield MO

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

3 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

How much difference can having both Dish arcs capability make? The first photo below shows a view of the Dish western arc and DTV sat locations. The second photo shows the Dish eastern arc sat locations from exactly the same spot. There is no clear view of the Dish WA or DTV sats  anywhere on that site, although it might be possible to hit one or two sats with careful aiming through small gaps in the trees. The entire Dish eastern arc is an easy shot though...

cM7cPUul.jpg

c6eCbX7l.jpg

From where we were parked the dish was pointing directly to trees. Using the east SATs it is at a slight angle to trees and pointing higher. Clears this way

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

13 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

From where we were parked the dish was pointing directly to trees. Using the east SATs it is at a slight angle to trees and pointing higher. Clears this way

Yes, especially on the east coast the eastern arc's higher elevation can make a huge difference in the satellite viewing possibilities. At the upstate NY location in my screen captures for instance, the western arc 119 sat is at 23.2 deg elevation, while the eastern arc 72.7 sat is at 40.3 deg. That 17 degree difference can make a lot of difference. In Florida, the eastern arc elevation runs to 50 degrees or more, which often lets us dial in our aiming within the confines of our campsite regardless of the tree cover. Below is a photo of our dish aimed at the eastern arc from Midway Campground on the Tamiami Trail in southern Florida. The dish elevation on that site is 58.4 deg., and the actual satellite view is 22.5 degrees above the dish center line, not where the LNB support arm is aimed. Much higher, and the dish could double as a bird bath... :)

bb0EAbcl.jpg

Dutch

Wow! what kind of sat finder were you using?

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

I used the DishPointer Pro sat finder app. I recently started using the TV Signal Finder app from Winegard though, that also locates OTA towers.

Dutch

I use the Sat Finder app to get a general idea set the X2 out and walk away. 😁

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to tell the X2 not to look for a satellite namely 77 on the eastern arc. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

You have option of east or west SATs. Why would not you want a particular sat?

Because I can't see it from where it's sitting. The western arc are completely blocked. When the X2 can't see a satellite it takes forever to to complete it's setting up.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I have had my Pathway X2 about 15 months so I'm going into my second winter. No problem last winter ( Dec 28 we headed south) but first snow happened this morning. I changed channels requiring Sat 77. NoGo.I restarted and looked at the TV 10-15 minutes later. still on first check. I checked at the sat and no movement so tapped and sound like ice cracked and I had movemnt but not far so pulled power and now it is thawing out.

A BIG disadvantage to the little Trailgater in the winter.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I saw an X2 last winter that had a "skirt" covering the gap between the rotating base and the moveable head. It looked like it was just wide vinyl or duct tape that had been folded over leaving about a third of the sticky side exposed to attach it to the head with the non-stick doubled over part covering the gap without binding the movement. I don't know how well it worked in freezing weather, but it seemed like it should help...

Dutch

Archived