Suggestions for a dash cam

Brad & Jacolyn

On 10/22/2018 at 5:27 AM, COFLTravler said:

Take a look at this....I'm happy with it's capabilities had it installed for about 6 months....

Rexing V1 3rd Generation 4K UHD WiFi Car Dash Cam 2.4" LCD 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with WiFi, 16GB Card, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording

Here is a link https://www.rexingusa.com/products/rexing-v1-gen-3/?from=products     

The camera looks promising....but has anyone installed on a straight up/down HDT windshield?  I tried to install a really nice dashcam last year but the mount wouldn't allow the install on the flat windshield, so I just went back to my old GoPro.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, ewacowboy said:

The camera looks promising....but has anyone installed on a straight up/down HDT windshield?  I tried to install a really nice dashcam last year but the mount wouldn't allow the install on the flat windshield, so I just went back to my old GoPro.

I looked at the Rexing V1 in my pickup over the weekend.  It appears that even if mounted on a vertical windshield there is sufficient camera adjustment to allow the camera view to be normal, since the lens appears to have nearly, if not a full 90° of adjustment.  If you purchase a suction cup mount the bottom of the cup may intrude into the top of the frame, but you'd still have a good view of the road.  If you use the standard, permanent mount, I wouldn't expect any intrusion at all.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

On 10/19/2018 at 4:56 PM, GeorgiaHybrid said:

I use VicoVation Opia2 dashcams in all of our vehicles. Good resolution and night vision as well as 2 different parking modes.

Hi Dave,

Curious minds need to know. Would you buy that dash cam again ? I still need to add a dash cam to the truck. I'll do a Google search on the brand that you are using now and check it out.

Thanks for any input,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Al, I bought 3 of them about 2 months ago. Have them in both of our daily drivers, the HDT, the C class and the smart cars. Started with the Marcus camera and moved up to the Opia2 for the latest ones.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

On 10/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, SWharton said:

I use Black Box G1W.

I just got the G1 CB. G1 W was sold out. Cords are awful short. IT should work in my Pete at work but I dont know about my Freightliner. I might have to add a port.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Archived