Sign in to follow this  
rickeieio

Winter Haven FL

We're considering spending a little time visiting the old folks (my Mom and step-dad) in Winter Haven, and taking in the RV show in January.  I've not had much success finding an RV park in the area that isn't a golf resort.  Can anyone make a recommendation?

9 hours ago, Striper said:

Rivers Edge in Winterhaven

I believe that Rivers Edge is in Winterhaven California.  Good Life RV Resort is south of Winter Haven Florida, and directly across the street from the local Camping World, Dusty's RV center.

This is a short drive to Winter Haven, up Rifle Range Rd.,  and straight shot across 60 to Highway 301 to the Tampa Fairgrounds. 

4 hours ago, Parrformance said:

I believe that Rivers Edge is in Winterhaven California.  Good Life RV Resort is south of Winter Haven Florida, and directly across the street from the local Camping World, Dusty's RV center.

This is a short drive to Winter Haven, up Rifle Range Rd.,  and straight shot across 60 to Highway 301 to the Tampa Fairgrounds. 

My Bad, sorry I missed that they were looking for Florida.

Joe

2 hours ago, Rick said:

You might want to check out LeLynn RV Resort in Polk City. It's right on I-4; probably 20 min to Winter Haven and 35-40 min to Tampa.

http://www.rvparking.com/fl/polk-city/lelynn-rv-resort

That looks like it would work, close to Mom's place too.  The reviews are encouraging, but the newest is 3 years old.

We have been staying at LeLynn Rv Park for 4 years in the winter. Nice clean no frills park with plenty of activities.  Might be hard to get into for the winter but there are always lots open for 1 week to a month

It looks like LeLynn is the place.  We'l likely only be there for a week or so, then work our way around the gulf to be in the Texas Hill Country by early Feb.