Macerator Pump

Cowdog353

Anytime the sewer is less then 100'  away.  Lets say you are visiting someone and parked in there driveway (moochcamping) you can use it and put the hose in one of the clean outs for the sewer.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I brought one after watching another fellow who used one but frequently stayed longer in one spot longer than I. Since that time I now stay shorter times unless we have full hook-ups. Never used the pump but keeping it as there is a sewer clean out I can excess if I ever come home and need to dump.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

My conversion van had a macerator pump inside the gray water tank. That water had to be pumped up over an axel to get to the dump outlet. So connect the dump hose, pull the handle for black, when finished close the black valve, push the button for gray. I sure wish each just had a button.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We're like Rondo;

We normally use a regular sewer hose but;

We have the FloJet pump that we use several times a year. We also stay at our sons business when we go "home" and it only has electricity for us. We have over 100 feet of the blue Camco water hoses which we use once a weekish to fill the fresh water tank. 

The FloJet is hooked up to a couple of dedicated 3/4" hoses to a sewer clean out about 75' away.

We also are able to park our trailer at home so we do the same thing there as needed.

It's great for flushing, sanitizing or whatever is needed. A good investment.

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 5:45 AM, Cowdog353 said:

I just bought one to use when boondocking . To pump tanks into portable blue tank in bed of truck.

Qusetion is ,. Are there other times when you might use the macerator pump instead of the regular hose to dump the tanks.?

Thanks Jim

I made mine with an old garbage disposal. I also use for boondocking. I can leave my tote in the back of my truck, open gray water valve it flows into top of garbage disposal and pumps to the tote with a garden hose. I love it.

Archived