California - Fog

Vegas Teacher

California, L.A. Drivers, Outpost Cafe and Broke Garage doors:

I was going to drive the Volvo over to dog training from Vegas to L.A. but a few things came up, got in the way, like my father-in-law got in a wreck, and other $h!t. Anyway I had to drive the Tundra instead, which just had it 95,000 mile tune up to the tune of 1800.00 and some change. Oil, transmission fluid, front and rear differential, power steering fluid, passenger side low beams, new wiper blades, all kinds of stuff. 

Well we left Vegas about 1 p.m. and got to Hysperia California about 4:00 pm. Went to the Oak Room Micro Brew and enjoyed a craft beer flight. We then traveled on to Fontana, trained got back in the truck and on the road back to Vegas about 7:45 p.m. When we started going up the mountain pass into Hysperia we hit some really dense fog, visibility of only about 25 feet in front of the truck. My question is this......... In the semi when driving at night I notice my headlights are less than impressive, how bad would the stock Volvo headlights be in the fog? The other thing that scared me was the L.A. Drivers, they were on my @$$ I turned on my low beams at first then I turned on my hazard lights and finally I turned on my Cargo light in the bed of truck just so they would see me. I finally got over in the truck lane in the "Rocking Chair postion" and ran 20 mph with a Peterbilt leading and Kenworth trailing. 

We got off at the exit to catch 395 and went to the Outpost Cafe in Hysperia (this is a great place to eat, I can't say enough good about them!) at the Pilot truck stop. Ground Sirloin steak for me and meatloaf for my wife, an hour later and 3 cups of coffee I got back on the road with full stomach, caffeine and a tank full of gas. Well coming down Baker Grade looking at Primm Nv, the wifes cell phone goes off at about 11:45 p.m. Our renter calls us and says somebody hit the garage door and drove off. We call a 24 hour garage door service and get an appointment set up for between 6 and 8 a.m. the next morning. We get home about 1:15 a.m. by the time all the dogs (4) have been out to urinate and defecate and eat we are in bed at about 2:00 a.m. back up the next morning at 5 a.m. on Sunday. Meet the repair guy at 6:00 a.m. after a 3 hour nap. Went for breakfast on the way home at a place called Jam's. Went back to bed until 2:00 p.m. Sunday and the Chiefs lost.

That was my weekend, how was yours.

Hey Dolley Trolley I did not kill myself or anyone else this weekend aren't you happy LOL no fire balls, no soccer moms ran over. Come on I know you are out there LOL!!!!!

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana 

Noteven, you must have been at the same place as I was, because I seen the same thing......

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 10/16/2018 at 7:56 AM, Vegas Teacher said:

California, L.A. Drivers, Outpost Cafe and Broke Garage doors:

I was going to drive the Volvo over to dog training from Vegas to L.A. but a few things came up, got in the way, like my father-in-law got in a wreck, and other $h!t. Anyway I had to drive the Tundra instead, which just had it 95,000 mile tune up to the tune of 1800.00 and some change. Oil, transmission fluid, front and rear differential, power steering fluid, passenger side low beams, new wiper blades, all kinds of stuff. 

Well we left Vegas about 1 p.m. and got to Hysperia California about 4:00 pm. Went to the Oak Room Micro Brew and enjoyed a craft beer flight. We then traveled on to Fontana, trained got back in the truck and on the road back to Vegas about 7:45 p.m. When we started going up the mountain pass into Hysperia we hit some really dense fog, visibility of only about 25 feet in front of the truck. My question is this......... In the semi when driving at night I notice my headlights are less than impressive, how bad would the stock Volvo headlights be in the fog? The other thing that scared me was the L.A. Drivers, they were on my @$$ I turned on my low beams at first then I turned on my hazard lights and finally I turned on my Cargo light in the bed of truck just so they would see me. I finally got over in the truck lane in the "Rocking Chair postion" and ran 20 mph with a Peterbilt leading and Kenworth trailing. 

We got off at the exit to catch 395 and went to the Outpost Cafe in Hysperia (this is a great place to eat, I can't say enough good about them!) at the Pilot truck stop. Ground Sirloin steak for me and meatloaf for my wife, an hour later and 3 cups of coffee I got back on the road with full stomach, caffeine and a tank full of gas. Well coming down Baker Grade looking at Primm Nv, the wifes cell phone goes off at about 11:45 p.m. Our renter calls us and says somebody hit the garage door and drove off. We call a 24 hour garage door service and get an appointment set up for between 6 and 8 a.m. the next morning. We get home about 1:15 a.m. by the time all the dogs (4) have been out to urinate and defecate and eat we are in bed at about 2:00 a.m. back up the next morning at 5 a.m. on Sunday. Meet the repair guy at 6:00 a.m. after a 3 hour nap. Went for breakfast on the way home at a place called Jam's. Went back to bed until 2:00 p.m. Sunday and the Chiefs lost.

That was my weekend, how was yours.

Hey Dolley Trolley I did not kill myself or anyone else this weekend aren't you happy LOL no fire balls, no soccer moms ran over. Come on I know you are out there LOL!!!!!

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana 

Hey teach.......chill out.... . 

You are young still........days and nights like you are having are just......JUST .....the starting gate to the REAL life adventure called...... RETIREMENT..

Your whining ($p)......wine-ing.....is just another sign that you need more to do because while you were .....whining....the rest of us old geezers were revamping new/ improved 5 inch stainless exhaust on the diesel pusher and changing oil and filters on the old Feightshaker, and new brakes on the F350 , and , ,,,,,,,,,and,,,,,,,and......

Fog-wine-ing...... poor baby......try this one for a LA-fog event......some winter's the whole Western U S  is socked in with fog.......it's 02:30 (2:30 AM) and you have just crossed the pond (Pacific) from......Guam......and your fuel tanks have way more air than fuel in them......hummmmm......time to put your big-boy-panties on and .......slide down the glideslope and find that darn runway centerline at 166 MPH and then not lose the centerline and bump into a another darn fool trying to taxi in pea-soup-fog....

Teach, your young .......but keep up your burning the candle of life at both ends and if your really...... really.....really lucky you just might it make it to .... retirement.......then you have NO DAYS OFF.......the other option.......Paul Allen, all the money on Earth and..... Poof....lifes-candle snuffed out.......

Whine-on........life is a glideslope into a fog bound runway......sometimes we have enough fuel...... sometimes we don't......

Drive on........(Dog/Fog trips involve a bunch of ..... Whine....wine....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

They teach it later.  Early on, they just tell you to:  Maintane thy airspeed, lest the earth arise and smite thee.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived