packnrat

doing the Q in 2019

On 12/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, noteven said:

Is there a gathering for Members running junk scuse me vintage rigs?

Does my ol 95 Bounder qualify for vintage junk?

On 12/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, noteven said:

Is there a gathering for Members running junk scuse me vintage rigs?

There is a gathering for anyone who wants to start one. Decide what your group is, go to Q and park in a fairly open space, post your GPS coordinates here and invite anyone who wants to come join you.

Linda Sand

12 hours ago, rls7201 said:

Does my ol 95 Bounder qualify for vintage junk?

It probably depends on who gets to define the terms or set the rules. We know a couple who travel in a 1977 Newell but other than body style it looks better than some new rigs. Several years ago we were in a campground where a group of restored GMC motorhomes came in and they all looked like new, yet they were only made from 1973-78. I guess it is a fine line between vintage and classic? If it were me defining, junk would be determined by appearance and condition, rather than age. Sure glad that nobody said antique as I read that the term means anything more than 50 years old and that has included me for a long time!

now i am confused????????

where is camp?

just out of town or miles away?

do to days off could not get this week off, but will be there by wed (thursday am latest)  next week. thought just south east of town by a couple miles, but now? it is north east about 15 miles out?

4 hours ago, packnrat said:

where is camp?

do to days off could not get this week off, but will be there by wed (thursday am latest)  next week. thought just south east of town by a couple miles, but now? it is north east about 15 miles out?

There is no BLM area around Q that is 15 miles out, either free or LTVA.

Here's a map that shows the location of the free BLM areas around Q:

https://www.rv-camping.org/quartzsiteaz/

The Plomosa Road area is maybe about 5 miles north of the intersection of Main & Central (AZ-95).  Mile Marker 99 is about 5 miles south, maybe a little farther. 

The four LTVA areas are located between Mile Marker 99 and and I-10 on both sides of US-95.

29 minutes ago, LindaH said:

There is no BLM area around Q that is 15 miles out, either free or LTVA. The Plomosa Road area is maybe about 5 miles north of the intersection of Main & Central (AZ-95). 

With a permit, no camping areas can be opened for camping at an event as at Plomosa Road.

Edited by rm.w/aview

8 hours ago, packnrat said:

where is camp?

Here are directions to the Boomer's NEW parking site. . . sorry I gave you incorrect ones previously. I didn't know they were moving this year as they've been at the other place for many years.

http://link.rm0005.net/client_files/Boomersbof/NGtB_111518.pdf

ok, so no problems.

my mom says she wants to go so bring her along. does not get around very good. but says she will try. been showing her lots of videos online of the area. so she kinda knows what she is getting into. (not much of a outdoor kind of lady).

out of here on tuesday (8:am, i get off work about midnight to 2:am) sleep over on the rd, to show up wed in the am. trying to do a easy drive for her.

but now to drop the dollars and get fresh food. and such. yes have onboard water + a bladder in the back of my pu.

whats the weather to be like next week into the one after?as i can do wed (jan 23) for a week after that. then back to the grind, on saturday the second. (my monday).

beats last night, got hit hard by a storm., lots of snow up the hill. hwys are closed due to flooding, waiting till sun up to see about the yard here. got lots of work to do cleaning up.

well as of this am.  gear oil under the truck.

blown pinion bearing seal. can not get parts till thursday or friday.

so trip is off. get to stay home and clean up storm damage, pick up leaves, get a couple little projects done, etc.

23 hours ago, packnrat said:

well as of this am.  gear oil under the truck.

blown pinion bearing seal. can not get parts till thursday or friday.

so trip is off. get to stay home and clean up storm damage, pick up leaves, get a couple little projects done, etc.

That indicates the vent may be plugged, which can cause pressure in the housing. I try to remember to spin the cap on the vent every time I grease the chassis.

will look at that. but seeing as the diff is coated from the seal down and back, was not before (150K miles).

Edited by packnrat

packnrat, while you are underneath, check the front diff bearing for wear, any side movement indicates it, and seal, should be replaced

Edited by Ray,IN

trying to get it into the dealer, so they can work on it.

no way is my arm going to allow me to do this job.

its the shits i can not do it, i am used to taking care of things my self.