East Coast Rally Rumor

SuiteSuccess

Apologies to Gail and Steve during the National Rally,  but I have been contacted twice already about a rumor spreading at the National that Donna and I were no longer going to organize the ECR.  We have been doing the Rally for almost 10 years and have seen it grow exponentially which is great.  With that growth has come greater workload and greater responsibility which can be tiring.  We have some wonderful friends who always pitch in but health and personal matters can make their attendance unpredictable.  As she and I age we began exploring with friends and acquaintances if anyone had an interest in assuming our roles IN THE NEAR FUTURE that maybe were younger and more energetic and could inject differing ideas into the Rally.  So far no one has expressed interest in assuming that role.  We enjoy the rallies and have truly met some wonderful folks and have made our closest and lifelong friends through the rallies, so we are invested in the ECR continuing so others may do the same.  

I try to be discreet but now is the time to get this off my chest.  Over the last several years we have had several “incidents” occurring prior to and during the ECR which negatively impacted the Rally.  If you have a beef with someone coming to the Rally because you feel they dissed you because of a truck/trailer  or because you just don’t like them, either settle it beforehand or don’t come!  We don’t need or want the stress.  We consider the Rally a family affair.

So in conclusion NOTHING with the ECR is changing at present.  It will occur as scheduled in the spring God willing.  Donna, I, and our friends will try to make it fun and informative.  Registration will open after the National concludes and will be announced.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Count us in too.  We made it to the first one in Crossville, and hope to make them from now on......  And yes, we made some friends that first year, whom we continue to see around the country.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We love what you guys offer at the rally and really enjoy it. We won’t make it this year yet. Boo. 🙁

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Our reservations were made before we left Crossville! Love the rally because of everything that You and Donna do to make it the great event it is. See you'll in the spring hopefully without the snow!   Pat

The Old Sailor 

Carl and Donna,  we really appreciate what you do,  We know that it can be a daunting task and both Sandra and I are willing to do anything we can to help out.  We share your sentiments about it being a family affair and no place to squabble or air out dirty laundry. The ECR is a great place for fellowship and sharing and gaining information and we want to see it continue to thrive far into the future. If no younger people step up, maybe the collective strength of more of us old guys can make the heavy lifting more tolerable. We look forward to the ECR and to meeting new and old friends every year. We do love you guys and can share, at least, some of the load so that the rally can be more enjoyable for you.     Charlie and Sandra Lord

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Thank you all for the remarks.  Wasn’t fishing for compliments, just wanted to set the record straight and dispel any rumors.  

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

7 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Karen and I wouldn't miss it, and we will be good this year, Karen says:D

This I have to see. lol.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I have said this before and will say it again to piggy back on what has been said already.............

On the forum all you see is black and white, words and words only. You don't see facial expressions, body language or hear voice tone and infliction. Something said in humor or good old fashion ribbing of somebody can get taken wrong. On line anybody can hide behind a screen name. Look at how Dolly Trolley pushes me around or Vegas Flyer. Flyer is a great friend and I have had the pleasure of eating lunch, well buying lunch for him, but if you only read what we wrote to each other you would think we hated each other, but they love to tease me, and I like to get them all worked up too. 

In teaching, I face 200 kids every day, I have to be very aware of what I say and how I say it. When I type an email to a parent it is read by me and my administrator before I send it out, then I CC the admin, on the email just in case the parent complains.

Once again I think a lot of stuff starts on line due to Ego's and not getting to talk to somebody face to face. It is easy to cyber bully and being a teacher in a high school I see it on a regular basis, something very innocent gets out of hand and it turns into a fist fight at school. The sad part is when grown people start acting like the kids. 

Well that is just my two cents worth.

Later,

Cory O

We'll help. Especially since there seems to be an opportunity to improve/repair/upgrade each and every rig attending  the rally. I'll be glad to to do a seminar - "How to win the BS contest at the evening campfire." or "Backing over bushes 101" and  the companion "It's Rutting Season at the corners"

We could have a truck rodeo - Just need a place and 250 traffic cones.

Whatever you need, Paula & I will help.

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

23 minutes ago, adept99 said:

We'll help. Especially since there seems to be an opportunity to improve/repair/upgrade each and every rig attending  the rally. I'll be glad to to do a seminar - "How to win the BS contest at the evening campfire." or "Backing over bushes 101" and  the companion "It's Rutting Season at the corners"

We could have a truck rodeo - Just need a place and 250 traffic cones.

Whatever you need, Paula & I will help.

Paul,

I always know who I can count on and I always appreciate the volunteers.  

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

To get back on track, believe me I will be calling on some regulars and new folks to pitch in.  I’ve never had anyone turn me down, that’s why it’s a “family” affair.  But again the purpose at this time is not to ask for help (that will come later) but to quiet the rumor that the Donna and I were giving up the ECR and that it was going to cease to exist.  At some point we will need to step down and we were just exploring that possibility before health reasons or personal reasons forced it on us.  You know how rumors get legs of their own (just watch the news) and we didn’t want to affect turnout.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi Carl,

Was the topic on Facebook that you and Donna were moving aside ? lol. You know that Facebook is the new Inquirer. The women know what the Inquirer is. My wife bought that paper ( that rag ) every week for her beauty shop to entertain her clients. Back in the day, if it's in the Inquirer it has to be true. All kidding aside. It would be nice to have an apprentice or too to see how things are done or what it takes.

Al ( The coffee man )

33 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

Was the topic on Facebook that you and Donna were moving aside ? lol. You know that Facebook is the new Inquirer. The women know what the Inquirer is. My wife bought that paper ( that rag ) every week for her beauty shop to entertain her clients. Back in the day, if it's in the Inquirer it has to be true. All kidding aside. It would be nice to have an apprentice or too to see how things are done or what it takes.

Al ( The coffee man )

Al,

Not on Facebook that I know.  Received messages from some folks about the rumor wanting to know if it was true.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl glad to hear your still in charge, you both do a great job and I know how much work is involved in pulling these things off, my wife and I do one for FROG and are also involved in their large one with close to 700 rigs attending. People have to learn to attend with open eyes and come with good attitudes, I know I really enjoyed both the 2 that I attended and hope to be able to start coming again soon.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

20 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I have said this before and will say it again to piggy back on what has been said already.............

On the forum all you see is black and white, words and words only. You don't see facial expressions, body language or hear voice tone and infliction. Something said in humor or good old fashion ribbing of somebody can get taken wrong. On line anybody .......

Later,

Cory O

I post 98% stupid chit. The other 2% I make up. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

15 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

Al ( The coffee man )

I love the facebook side of this it is a lot easier to use and post pictures on. 

27 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

Researching on facebook isn't worth the time though.

What a minute....   If its on Facebook, Twitter, or any news outlet its gotta be true..... Along with anything my sisters husbands 4th cousin father-in-laws next door neighbors says.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

2 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

What a minute....   If its on Facebook, Twitter, or any news outlet its gotta be true..... Along with anything my sisters husbands 4th cousin father-in-laws next door neighbors says.....

lol.

Archived