Saving energy during cold temps

Wrknrvr

We never heard of that but if it works that is good. We never stay in really cold  areas. We set the  heating and cooling system for our comfortable settings  and we use what we use.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

13 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

What is interesting is if you place the plastic over the vents, them have someone open and close the door. You can see them move.

No doubt that air can move through those vents. When we turn on the Fantastic Fan in our bathroom to vent moisture, most of the incoming air comes through the A/C vent in the ceiling and the heat vent in the floor, as our bathroom door has practically no gap at the bottom. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

For really cold weather, I have reflectix squares that I can attach with Velcro.  I rarely use them because ventilation is needed in the cold to prevent condensation.  Lots of cold air can blow in past the plastic flapper vent for the kitchen stove.  On really cold nights I seal that from the outside my jamming in a rag.  I have a plastic dome in the shower.  I don't need the extra height so I blocked that off with an insulation foam sheet covered with contact paper.  It is held in place with Velcro so I can remove it for cleaning.  My door is aluminum and not well insulated.  I added a rod and thermal curtain just in front of the door.  That makes more difference than anything else I have tried. 

Archived