Kitchen sink

jdhm

11 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

The RV repair guy may be referring to a HepvO valve and the "lining" in them.

While that may be, I have not yet seen one in an RV but I also don't spend the time in researching them that I once did. Since he does have a plumbing vent which he has already tried removing, I doubt that this is what he has. 

• HepvO eliminates the need to have the fixture it is installed on individually vented (through the roof or anti-siphon venting).

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Okay. Here's what happened.

Went to Reynolds RV in Fortuna, CA. Talked to a couple of guys there. Told them all that had happened and what we had done and what had been suggested. This was on Wednesday and an appointment was made for us to bring rig in the following Monday. 

Then one of the guys said, "in the meantime try this".  And he gave me a bottle of Awesome. 20oz bottle. 

Took it home and poured half in, all it would take. An hour later it had gone down enough to get most of the rest in drain. 2 hours later my wife heard a gurgle and a swoosh AND DRAIN HAS BEEN CLEAR SINCE.

That stuff is truly Awesome. Was told it is $1 a bottle at most dollar stores. 

Next time I'm in town I'm buying half a dozen bottles. 

Thanks for all of your suggestions. 

J.D. 

Good the drain has been 'taken care of ' . 

But a half dozen bottles probably is a little bit over kill . LOL

We keep a spray bottle and a refill bottle on hand . Being as Awesome is available in just about every discount store in the nation , it's readily available . 

Honestly , I've never heard of it being used as a drain opener . We've used it for a multitude of other things , but ... 

Goes around , comes around .

10 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

lso use Paper towels to wipe off grease from plates, pans, etc.  

And whatever you do, do not pour any cooking grease down the drain. We use the "Fat Trapper" from Amazon to dispose of kitchen grease.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived