Best Downsizing Day Ever! And Alomost There!

Our city had cleanup day today and I let go of things held for a very long time.  Cameras, electrical cords, etc.  Also got rid of broken motors like the tiller with dead motor and air conditioner that no longer works.  Old wire, metal garden fencing and old bed frames.  2 full pickup trucks worth!  One more garage sale in my life for things that are already in the basement and being priced for future garage sale.  Then it's just paperwork photos, etc. scheduled for stay inside Colorado winter work.

The cargo trailer to RV conversion is coming along great especially after hubby took week off and got the ceiling insulation up and I got the 3 refrigerator vents in (with some help from him).

And best of all, I got to put a bunch of stuff back in the trailer and out of my living room and spare bedroom!

Christine - 7x16 Cargo to RV Trailer In Progress

Actually, the subject has come up a lot.  Between downsizing and building a cargo trailer to RV conversion, we look at each other and wonder how we will relate to the world when we don't have to work.  We cannot comprehend that, it seems impossible that someday we won't have to travel up and down basement stairs, shovel snow, cringe at the crap on the yard of the next door neighbor, listen to the clanging of chains as an air fresbie lands in the right spot of the portable game.  Meanwhile the noise must remind the male dog of the clanging of the doors of a shelter and he tries to climb on my head and walk all over me in various ways.  The house before these new owners had pit bulls that wanted to eat me.

Christine - 7x16 Cargo to RV Trailer In Progress

On 10/14/2018 at 6:34 AM, Kirk Wood said:

No way!  I would much rather have a "New Castle brown" or even a rosé.

Oh Kirk!  No way on "New Castle Brown"

As wise as I think you usually are we need to get you out a little more for some "nectar of the gods"  LOL

But , yes enjoy as you please

I was just wondering out loud to myself if downsizing and getting rid of all your stuff is the worst job of all when it comes to fulltiming. Just went thru another yard sale, knees are throbbing back is broken......and as I clean up some fool pulls up looks at my garbage cans in the street and says are you throwing this stuff out...........for the first time in many years I screamed, I did wait till I got in the house.im not sure if that muffled it enough,cause he drove off....

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Kirk W said:

Shiner Black? Fat Tire?  Moose Drool? 

Anything Shiner = good 

I can drink the moose drool but not my first choice by a long shot

I'll apologize in advance to anyone that likes it but Fat tire taste to me like they brewed it in an old innertube.  

Note to self.... if dropping in on Kirk bring your own beer 🤣

19 hours ago, Tex Bigfoot said:

I'll apologize in advance to anyone that likes it but Fat tire taste to me like they brewed it in an old innertube.

I think that my favorite would be Newcastle Brown. Not far behind is Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Kirk W said:

I think that my favorite would be Newcastle Brown. Not far behind is Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Kirk

I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to respond but life got busy around here . I ended up with several runs and hunting season and now offshore red snapper fishing out of Port Mansfield 

what can I say

Irish Death beer, https://www.ironhorsebrewery.com/thebeer/irish-death/ , a dark ale is my favorite with Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock a close second.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Archived