Weather where you are?

Kirk W

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every year Darryl, every year my business ends on October 15th. When the campgrounds close is when I can leave.

Now last year my  DW decided to injure her left arm on her last day of packing. Then had to see a surgeon, get it repaired and then hang around for a week for approval from the surgeon that she was able to leave.

Yes last year was a rpia, but one must do what one must do.

With my business ending on October 15th is why I cannot get to the HDT rally.

So we are on schedule to leave maybe Tuesday am. Now my DW keeps asking where are we going. Fishing I say. But she says it snows where I fish. Finally we are suppose to have a warm spell. That word fishing is looking better.

She cannot read a map. But she can watch the weather really good.

Have fun at the rally , Darryl.

Safe Travels,.   Vern

5 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

Now my DW keeps asking where are we going.

Some of us were wondering too? There is fishing in places that stay warm and you don't even need to break through ice to do it!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We will end our travels for the fall at the North Ranch in Congress Az.

Now just to get you to laugh, there is white stuff on our steps. Not much, but it is there.

So depending on weather and fishing spots to visit and site seeing we are on a ride-about. That is we will know where we were once we pass through there.

Heck last spring we passed through Blue Earth Minisota. Where the heck is Blue Earth Minisota. Well that is where the Land of the Green Giant lives.

We left Pennsylvania last spring on our way to Montana. And on that ride about we found Blue Earth Minisota .

Going to fill fuel tank today. Our truck holds 300 gallons so that should last awhile on our ride about.

Safe Travels,.  Vern

This has been a rough year for travel...at least in the areas I have visited.  It was 103 degrees when I visited Badlands NP in early August.  Then I went to Yellowstone and rarely saw day temps over 60 degrees with frost at night.  Glacier was only slightly warmer but I encountered a couple of days of cold rain.  I went on to the Olympic peninsula.  The first two days at Port Angeles were warm and dry.  In fact they had not received rain in months.  I broke the trend.  Cold weather and rain followed me down the coast of Washington to southern Oregon and northern CA.  It was never much above 60 degrees and rained heavily at least every third day.  Great Basin NP was moving past Fall and into winter.  The aspens at the higher elevations had already lost their leaves.  Moving on to southern Utah, the weather was unseasonably cold with heavy rains in Bryce and Capitol Reef.  There was 6 inches of snow on Boulder mt the other day but fortunately I crossed over a few days before.  Finally I have sunny skies and a high temp of about 60 degrees here in Hovenweep.  The next front moves through tomorrow.  Temps should drop at least 10 degrees but it should be dry. 

You can call it climate change if  you want, but certainly there have been no signs of warming.  It has been cold and wet for the better part of 2 months.

Ever think it is you? 😎

we spent all summer in PNW with only 1 day of rain.  

We just had a deluge here in the desert, result of the 2ND Pavifichurricane to come up across the Baja 

warmer waters = more moisture in atmosphere, which gives us more unusual weather.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We will be heading for Nacogdoches. Tx tomorrow(Mon) from a cg off I35 just north of Thackerville about 20mi.  We will take I35 around east side of Dallas then I20 east to Longview then south on 259.  Is I20E and 259S open?

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

We are in Burns, OR tonite on the way down to North Ranch. Predicted low of 18 overnite.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

We are with two other couples staying in Bristol to do some planned motorcycles rides.  One couple is from TN and one is from KY.  All of us were looking forward to maybe riding the mountains/hills in some 70 degree temps and seeing the leaves start to change.  Not happening.  The leaves are still almost all nice and green and yesterday we rode all day in 50 degree temps.  

We are heading to warmer temps Tuesday (Savanna), they are hanging in here for a few more days.  I'm personally done with fall and will be trying to stay in warm temps here on out.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

16 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

We had 3" of rain here in about 3 hours time this afternoon & evening.

There is more on the way - - Phoenix got over 2" (yes 2" !) of rain yesterday.:o   We had 'lakes' forming all over the area.  Second  hurricane to come over the Baja this month which is going to make this the WETTEST month ever for Phoenix.   Sun is back out and things are returning to normal.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

58 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

There is more on the way - - Phoenix got over 2" (yes 2" !) of rain yesterday.:o   We had 'lakes' forming all over the area.  Second  hurricane to come over the Baja this month which is going to make this the WETTEST month ever for Phoenix.   Sun is back out and things are returning to normal.

FWIW :

weather-2019_-us_winter-rsize.png

Goes around , comes around .

20 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Ever think it is you? 😎

we spent all summer in PNW with only 1 day of rain.  

We just had a deluge here in the desert, result of the 2ND Pavifichurricane to come up across the Baja 

warmer waters = more moisture in atmosphere, which gives us more unusual weather.

Ever stop to think Summer is not Fall?  I started my PNW travels with a couple of days in Port Angeles.  They had not had rain for months and the woods were crackly dry.  Two days later the rain started.  That was in early September.

I grew up in Western Washington.   I was trying to kid you.  You happen to time your travels to coincide with change of seasons as you went along.   And anyone who complains about rain in the PNW after Labor Day -  well clearly you haven't lived there.  I'm not sure why you are complaining about fall weather  - which can include snow at higher elevations.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Frost last night and I am at a low elevation just north of Arizona.  I cannot quite get a grasp on global warming.  It is clearly way cooler than norm and has been for most of my travels.  The past 3 winters back in NY have been nasty, much colder than normal with lots more snow.  I am going to have to look to find where it is warmer.  For now global warming sounds like a good thing and I am looking for some of it.

It was 20 degrees this am. But sunny and warming up nicely. Cleaning and packing stuff.

Now can I get the jeep loaded today. Maybe, maybe not.

The DW finally said you can go fishing as we are going to have about 10 days of possible 60 degree days.

Now the first stop for fishing has no cell service. So do not hold your breath for my fishing report.

But she did agree to go fishing.

Safe Travels,.    Vern

2 hours ago, JimK said:

Frost last night and I am at a low elevation just north of Arizona.  I cannot quite get a grasp on global warming.  It is clearly way cooler than norm and has been for most of my travels.  The past 3 winters back in NY have been nasty, much colder than normal with lots more snow.  I am going to have to look to find where it is warmer.  For now global warming sounds like a good thing and I am looking for some of it.

You are not framing the question correct.  It is Climate Change caused by warming of oceans, melting of ice caps.  Some areas will get colder sooner in fall, hotter in summer, because of increased moisture in atmosphere which changes how energy is distributed across the globe.  Rims of all the canyons in Utah/northern Arizona can get snow this time of year.  North rim of Grand Canyon often has snow the first part of October.  You can’t just look at one point to understand global effects.  NY getting more snow probably means shift in jet stream dipping south pulling artic cold to mix with increased moisture coming up from the gulf.  It is about human activity agpffecting how quickly things change.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived