Lesson learned today.

Pete Kildow

Always parked my old beater 99 F-150 4x4 by my Kenworth. Today has to run to town for a Chiropractor Appoint. Pulled up in front of the building. And smelled smoke, and few minutes later pickup was gone. If it had been parked next to the Kenworth. We would have lost both of them.

That is 2 of the 99-03 Fords that had caught on fire around here the week. Other one had been wrecked. Was on the rollback that hauled mine today. And caught fire on the truck.

Will not be parking side by side anymore. Also both were packed next to the RV shed. That would have been a bad one. 2 trucks, the camper. Along with 100 Acres of dry pine trees.

Took 20 minutes of the city fire department to get there. A whole 2 blocks away, they were eating lunch. Almost lost the building. IT did blow the windows out of it.

stmdW1Wl.jpg

event.png

Any ideas as to what caused the fire? Inquiring minds want to know (I have an '03 ford pickup that parks in the garage below the house)

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Fire Investigator is going to look it over. Will let everyone know when I know. But Had a guy tell me yesterday. The cruise switch was his guess. Wish I had known about this before. Would have had it checked out for sure. 

You know the cruise has not worked in a while now.. Sure would not park one near anything I would like to keep.

event.png

8 hours ago, jkoenig24 said:

Glad you're OK!

Thanks I smelled something when I hit the brakes to park. Released the hood to check, when I seen smoke start. So got out but lost 2 full sets of keys. The one set had my 05 Kodiak keys on it, along with the house and other keys.

event.png

My cousin had one that year. Started on fire driving down the road. They believe it was something electrical on the transmission.  There have been a few others with the same problem.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 10/5/2018 at 6:55 AM, adept99 said:

Any ideas as to what caused the fire? Inquiring minds want to know (I have an '03 ford pickup that parks in the garage below the house)

I would stop doing that. This is one of a dozen trucks that body style I know of that burned up.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:44 PM, Pete Kildow said:

Took 20 minutes of the city fire department to get there. A whole 2 blocks away, they were eating lunch. Almost lost the building. IT did blow the windows out of it.

stmdW1Wl.jpg

Unless 20 minutes is a gross exaggeration.....

Please name the State & City - either in open forum or by PM.

Two blocks or two miles - That's a disgrace to/for *any* Fire Department - whether Volunteer or Paid !!

All should be *permanently* be  placed  "out to lunch" !!

On 10/6/2018 at 1:36 PM, Pappy Yokum said:

Unless 20 minutes is a gross exaggeration.....

Please name the State & City - either in open forum or by PM.

Two blocks or two miles - That's a disgrace to/for *any* Fire Department - whether Volunteer or Paid !!

All should be *permanently* be  placed  "out to lunch" !!

Adamsville Tn and 911 was called 5 times. One time they told the lady that owns the business next door. If the building catches on fire. Call us back. Building was smoking at that point along with the 3 big plate glasses being blown out.

Old house burned down 5 weeks ago I think it was. 100 yds from the department. They saved the mail box and grass.

event.png

On 10/6/2018 at 7:30 AM, jenandjon said:

I would stop doing that. This is one of a dozen trucks that body style I know of that burned up.

I agree would make sure the recall switch has been replaced for sure. I did not know about that recall. Or I would have made sure it was unplugged.

event.png

Archived