Mobley power options change

dzwiss

21 hours ago, offroad said:

texted ATT an got my two PUK numbers just in case. 

8 hours ago, rynosback said:

Well then no PUK number for you...

I already got my PUK for my hotspot about two weeks ago by chat.

8 hours ago, rynosback said:

I just got off a chat with them and they stated that there is not a PUK number for hot spots.  It only took a minutes while watching the World Series.

Exactly why I don't like chat sessions.  You clearly can get a PUK for hot spots, lot's of us have already done it.

I simply asked offroad how to do the text thing so I could avoid calling or chatting in the future as he clearly stated that's what he did.  And, then you butted in.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

On 10/27/2018 at 1:20 AM, rynosback said:

What is the new version number?

My software version is VM6200V1.0.3

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I got my PUK numbers for the mobley via chat. Took ~10 minutes. They had to verify my account by email and then they sent me the PUK to my email address.

The trick was not getting the automated support chat and getting a real person with whom to chat . The support chat seems to be automated.

So, I went to the sales chat and I stated that I had an issue with a locked SIM and needed a PUK,  they then transferred me to a real live support person on chat and I had the PUKs in a few minutes. They tried to direct me to the PUK in my account settings but the PUK was not there. I told them the device is a ZTE Mobley and they thanked me for that information, verified my account via email and then sent me the PUK numbers to my email address.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

4 hours ago, TreyandSusan said:

I got my PUK numbers for the mobley via chat. Took ~10 minutes. They had to verify my account by email and then they sent me the PUK to my email address.

The trick was not getting the automated support chat and getting a real person with whom to chat . The support chat seems to be automated.

So, I went to the sales chat and I stated that I had an issue with a locked SIM and needed a PUK,  they then transferred me to a real live support person on chat and I had the PUKs in a few minutes. They tried to direct me to the PUK in my account settings but the PUK was not there. I told them the device is a ZTE Mobley and they thanked me for that information, verified my account via email and then sent me the PUK numbers to my email address.

It starts off with an IA chat but then goes to a person if they can not answer the question.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, dewilso said:

What’s a PUK number & why do I need it ?

This was explained earlier in this thread, but here's a link that also has a good explanation:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-connected-car-mobley-sims-reporting-as-pin-locked/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

How many numbers is the PUK #?  I ask because ATT gave me two numbers.  

On a side note, if you have to change your address they keep two on file.

your billing address and a usage address.  Not sure why.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:43 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

This was explained earlier in this thread, but here's a link that also has a good explanation:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-connected-car-mobley-sims-reporting-as-pin-locked/

So it is good that they gave me two numbers.  Do you go through the controll panel to enter the PUK code?

7 hours ago, rynosback said:

So it is good that they gave me two numbers.  Do you go through the controll panel to enter the PUK code?

Yes... If you need to use Code 1, keep Code 2 as a backup in case you need it later on.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived