Toilet paper...

Oregonrain

We boondock frequently and large holding tanks are important to us.  We also used to stay for extended periods of 6 weeks to 2 months on our houseboat at Lake Powell.  Usually in a canyon far from the marinas.  We never put tp in a bag but each to their own.  When we bought our Teton it had a 45 gallon black tank and two 45 gallon grey tanks.  I was able to change the black tank out for a 75 gallon tank.  We also have a 100 gallon fresh and a 100 gallon waste tank on our HDT.  A 9 gallon black tank would be a nonstarter for us.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, noteven said:

Anyone ever have s&b dwelling non rv guests aboard and a person who is a setter not a pointer needs to use the facilities and there’s this resounding RAAAaaatle rattle rattle noise as 14 feet a bum fluff is propelled off the roll by the “bat with the hand” or “yard to arms length” method?

Now how you going to fit that in a ziplock bag?

We never asked guests to use the bag. In fact, we hid the bag before they came. To me, that's part of being a good host. But, none of our guests were ever of the "14 feet of bum fluff" sort.

We did educate them on how to flush a foot pedal toilet with the response that it was the most efficient toilet they'd ever seen.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

That is interesting that you would full time and boondock using only a 9 gallon black tank, however I think you lost sight of the OPs original post.  They are going to be in a DP or a Class A gas coach.  I seriously doubt either one of those RVs will have a 9 gallon tank.

I boondocked for many years with a 10 gallon tank, but we were not full-timing.  Mostly long weekends, 3-4 days.  Occasionally week long trips, but the longest we could go without dumping was 5 days.  We also had the rule, "if it's pee, use a tree".  Exception if it was a middle-of-the-night nature call.

1 hour ago, OregonJim said:

I boondocked for many years with a 10 gallon tank, but we were not full-timing.  Mostly long weekends, 3-4 days.  Occasionally week long trips, but the longest we could go without dumping was 5 days.  We also had the rule, "if it's pee, use a tree".  Exception if it was a middle-of-the-night nature call.

Thanks for clarifying how this worked for you. It's very helpful to have those details.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I get it that everyone has their own way of dealing with life's little rituals.  What I don't get is how so many people can get their Depends in a knot over the subject.  Who gives a chit ( pun intended)?

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived