Teton Parts

Mastercraft

Greetings - I need to replace the seal below the curved shower door.  It appears to be some sort of clear material, like Tygon tubing, extruded to a particular shape.  Is there an RV seal source that anyone would recommend?

thanks

Rich

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

I would try reaching out to these folks. http://www.seamerica.com/  I contacted them on their website contact form. They got back to me real quick asked for some pictures and sent new swipe seals out free of charge!  I have a Keystone RV, but these are the OEM manufactures of their shower enclosures, worth a try...

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, Detroit 60 Series 14L, Eaton Fuller 10spd Ultrashift, w/3:73

No photo description available.

• 4 weeks later...

I literally just replaced that swiper seal this week in my teton. I looked at all the hardware stores and finally went to a glass shop that does showers. Told them I have a metal frame shower door and needed the sweeper seal for the bottom of the door. He went back and pulled out three different types. I matched up the one with the old one and gave him $15. The piece was long enough for two replacements. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

As to seals, I need to replace the slide seals on my Teton.  '08.  Any suggestions from those that have done it.  The metal "spine" that the seal is built around has rusted and is no longer staying attached to the wall trim that it was originally.  I have looked at Steele, AP Products and UniGrip.  Not sure who originally made them but looking for something that will at least meet the OEM specs.

Marcel

18 minutes ago, Consolenut said:

You can get the seals from a few places. But one word of caution. You have one chance to get the seal on. If you pull it off again to re-do it the metal fingers on the seal are bent and you have to get another seal. Ask me how i know LOL 

OK, How do you know?

And if it is because you replaced them, what brand did you use?

Marcel

I replaced them yes. And I ordered mine from PPL. They charged by the foot at that time. You need to measure the wiper width and see if the seal your replacing is a single or double bulb seal.  

As for the fingers that retain it. I learned my lesson back when I first started RV'ing. I started on top in one corner not thinking about starting at the bottom in one corner to retain one continous piece. Brain fart!  So i figured no prob pull it off and move it. Big mistake!  When I removed it and started over in the bottom corner where i should have started to begin with. The fingers wouldnt grab and retain the metal lip it attaches to.  It was like $2.50 a foot times 31 ft of seal.  Needless to say I wasn't happy when PPL said you need another seal now. So I talked to an RV tech in the park that day and he confirmed.

Almost forgot. They have Peel and stick seals now. Do yourself a favor and don't Bother. They are useless. In 6 months they will peel off and you will be redoing it. Get the metal finger repalcements

Now I have repaired several seals that had the same problem as you describe.

This may not sound as the best repair but it has worked great for me.

Now what I have done is to clean the rust and parts of the metal crimps out as best as possible. Then clean the area of the seal that makes contact with the body of the Rv. Both inside the lip and outside.

Then have as many tubes of goop as needed. The goop can be shoe goop, leather goop or what ever goop you find.  https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj-gca_-rreAhWOnH4KHYcdA18YABAPGgJwYw&sig=AOD64_136vhxi2iHJOpYWgN7qCo1IIoeUQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwia8b-_-rreAhUsIjQIHX_FBDEQwg8IKw&adurl=

Now this product dries very fast. Have everything clean and ready to prop it In place . So do a trial run putting it in place before you star glueing it in place.

I had glued a flat plat of steel on my spare tire on my jeep to set tools on while doing service work. Then one day I needed to put the spare tire on. It took a butcher knife and a few words of blank blank and elbow grease to get that plate off. Then I thought a few turns and the old good on the tire would be worn off. Heck it took 200 miles till all the goop was worn off the tread.

This product works extremely good for repairs as you need.

Now that is if the seal material is still good.

Just my thought,.  Vern

Archived