Teton Owners Questiom

Consolenut

Hello Everyone

I looked at my 12V panel and seen something interesting. Under #51 its listed as solar panel. It has the wire in the fuse block and fuse is in it. I have no solar panel on the roof.  This much i know. But for the Teton Owners where on the roof might that wire poke through. If the fuse is in it the wire has to be up there somewhere. Ive not seen anything so im wondering if indeed it is hiding somewhere.

2007 Teton Reliance Experience XT-4.

Its possible there was a panel there, which means the wire could be in the wall near there. I found this on RV trader, maybe you could call the seller and ask. 
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2007-Teton-TETON-HOMES-5002439215

Kimberly Flores, Trail Boss and Wagon Master
Jesse Flores, Coxswain, Shotgun Shipmate
Wagon mates: Cinnamon, Mini Schnauzer
2017 F350 Lariat Dually
2018 Keystone Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler
LovetheRVlife.com

I have the same fuse provision.  In the roof is a connector for the solar panel hookup.  Its about right above the 12V fuse panel

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

You may consider a MTTP solar charge controller.  With these, you can use the less expensive (in most cases) higher OCV panels....just be sure to isolate that line to the roof from the 12V system first.  

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

The wire is typically under a plate - like that cutout and sealed area you show on your roof. 

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2018 at 7:08 PM, GlennWest said:

Mine is an #8 wire. Comes up in bathroom wall. Blank off receptacle in there has ours wires in there.

this, small #8 wire that is in the hollow wall between stool room and hall, just behind the CO2 detector. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Totally off subject. The Teton surprised me on the scales. According to the scale weights the pin weight is a very heavy 5720. And the trailer axle weights are 16980.  Would have never guessed 5720 on the pin and i don't have much in it.  So the TSLB2H third airbag is now mandatory not optional.

Rear axle weight empty 5700

rear axle weight loaded 11420

Trailer axle weight  16980

Gross combined 33900

Most of these older Tetons were sold before super trucks. So they built a heavy pin in to make them tow sweet. And they do. They also knew they would not be towed by a LDT. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 11/1/2018 at 2:35 PM, Consolenut said:

Totally off subject. The Teton surprised me on the scales. According to the scale weights the pin weight is a very heavy 5720. And the trailer axle weights are 16980.  Would have never guessed 5720 on the pin and i don't have much in it. 

That sounds reasonable to me.  Pin weight is usually 20 - 25% of total, and 5720 is right at 25%.

Surprised me simply based on the advertised pin weight etc in the brochures.  Not that there ever accurate but in this case there way off.  Based on the brochure it said 4525 on the pin. Thus I figured with the few things in the lower storage etc I thought maybe 5000. Either way it is what it is!  Glad I have enough TV to handle the weight. 

Archived