Highway 299 or Highway 36 ? ?

Dollytrolley

Ok.......listen up......

Dollymamma has decreeededddd that her slave-boy must tow Dolly-the-painthorse AND a few tons of equine related "vital-items" to.......Orik Kalifornia ...   So they can ride out thru the Redwoods.....gulp.

So Chad and other Kalifornians can perhaps save some local lives by helping me to decide which highway to take from the coast to the Central valley then we sneak over to Nevada.......

Last time I drove both of those highways my old 62 Corvette was only a few years old and being a non-geezer the curves were the fun part..... Now with 64 feet of too many rig tires curves are places where I spill hot coffee onto tender places so....chime in and give me the best of two bad roads.....

Oh don't sugar coat things folks even looking down from six miles up at 500 mph both of those roads still look like they have most of the curves that the old 62 Vette had do much fun with..

This horse biz can be a heck of a ride at times.....

Drive on......(Horseing around on 299 or 36 ? ?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Not much I can help you with the roads.  The last time I was on 299 back in 1978 I was pulling a 23' trailer.  I do remember seeing road signs that looked like question marks "?"  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

4 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

Not much I can help you with the roads.  The last time I was on 299 back in 1978 I was pulling a 23' trailer.  I do remember seeing road signs that looked like question marks "?"  

Ya Dennis, I recall those signs as well but in the old Corvette it just translated into press the right peddle down more on the last half of the question mark....how did us young fools live long enough to become geezers????

Drive on.... (Too many curves ....too many geezers)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

3 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

...how did us young fools live long enough to become geezers????

Drive on.... (Too many curves ....too many geezers)

I ask myself that a lot....

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

1 hour ago, Dollytrolley said:

Ok.......listen up......

Dollymamma has decreeededddd that her slave-boy must tow Dolly-the-painthorse AND a few tons of equine related "vital-items" to.......Orik Kalifornia ...   So they can ride out thru the Redwoods.....gulp.

So Chad and other Kalifornians can perhaps save some local lives by helping me to decide which highway to take from the coast to the Central valley then we sneak over to Nevada.......

Last time I drove both of those highways my old 62 Corvette was only a few years old and being a non-geezer the curves were the fun part..... Now with 64 feet of too many rig tires curves are places where I spill hot coffee onto tender places so....chime in and give me the best of two bad roads.....

Oh don't sugar coat things folks even looking down from six miles up at 500 mph both of those roads still look like they have most of the curves that the old 62 Vette had do much fun with..

This horse biz can be a heck of a ride at times.....

Drive on......(Horseing around on 299 or 36 ? ?)

So are you saying you need a young agile man like me to drive your old @$$ over the highway now???? 

Yep I am laughing again as I write this, I am sure you are fired up now! You know us young guys with good eyes and reflexes are having to much fun with this right now. 

So I am awaiting your rant back on this. I need something to make me laugh today, so fire away old fart LOL! :blink::wacko:😎:P:angry:

Later,

Cory O

Best bet, wait for some guy with Cajones bigger than his brain to pilot the ride. 

Drive on(Keep your insurance up, and your deductible, too)

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Well folks..................looks like the vote favors Highway 299.....so 299 it is......

Now of course since Teach has .........made some noise about his.......youth.......and seems inclined to use his youth-advanced-reflexes-and-x-ray-vision to drive Highway 36 this seals the deal for me .........I will take 299 just to keep from meeting the orange pumpkin in a 10-wheel-drift on a sharp turn on Highway 36.........

Drive on.........(Slow reflexes........slow turns......)

2 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

So are you saying you need a young agile man like me to drive your old @$$ over the highway now???? 

Yep I am laughing again as I write this, I am sure you are fired up now! You know us young guys with good eyes and reflexes are having to much fun with this right now. 

So I am awaiting your rant back on this. I need something to make me laugh today, so fire away old fart LOL! :blink::wacko:😎:P:angry:

Later,

Cory O

Teach..........will you NEVER learn to NOT step on the Dolly-tale........guess not......

So.........being a "old-phart" as you so glowingly refer to.........I will retire and take a few naps for a few days  before........I start to TEACH you your next lesson about poking at "Old-Geezers"..........

Oh yes Teach this is going to hurt some.......so best you look around for your Nomex-undies.......you'll likely need them......

Stay tuned folks......this should be a hoot.........

Drive on.............(some teaches make the worst........students)

38 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Teach..........will you NEVER learn to NOT step on the Dolly-tale........guess not......

So.........being a "old-phart" as you so glowingly refer to.........I will retire and take a few naps for a few days  before........I start to TEACH you your next lesson about poking at "Old-Geezers"..........

Oh yes Teach this is going to hurt some.......so best you look around for your Nomex-undies.......you'll likely need them......

Stay tuned folks......this should be a hoot.........

Drive on.............(some teaches make the worst........students)

Yep go get a nap and some Metamucil so you have the strength to come up with a good comeback. I got faith in you!!!!!

I did look at those roads on google earth, it is this new fangled thang on the interweb, 299 looks pretty good. I think I could do it:ph34r:.

Yes, take 299! It's not a bad drive and there is minimal construction right now. 36 is doable if you really had to, but is closed during the week for serious construction in two sections. If you layover in Redding and want to visit, please PM me!

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Archived