New FL resident Full Timer - Umbrella Insurance

Danbo

Hello! We have just started full timing and are in the process of changing domicile to FL with the help of the Escapees. Having trouble finding an insurance company or agent/broker that can help us get an Umbrella policy. We no longer own a brick/stick home. Would really like to have it to supplement the policies on the tow vehicle and trailer. 

I did a search on this forum and didn’t see any recommendations specific to FL residents. If i missed it my apologizes.

Thank you

Thank you SWharton. I did find this thread in my earlier searches. It seemed very TX specific, I wasn’t sure who Miller was, and I have already tried AIS, Good Sam and several others. None would write Umbrellas or could help full time RVing FL residents.

I just found through a different blog Miller is an insurance broker out of OR that can sell insurance for the whole country so I will try them next. Wish me luck! And thank you again for your response.

That might be the case. Most other insurance policies do have some state specific nuances and not all brokers can sell in all states. Without a traditional home I understand an insurer may require certain types of coverage and/or amounts on our vehicle and trailer insurance policies. 

• 1 month later...

Archived