ATT Spark

dennisvr

Anyone know anything about the Spark by Harman that will be available from ATT.  I just read about it and its like the Mobley, but also has OBII diagnostic and tracking.  Says it will be available on 9/28/18 for $80 plus data plan.  

HARMAN Spark1 is exclusively offered by AT&T* for $79.99. Rate plans start at just $5 per month for plans without Wi-Fi.Plans including Wi-Fi are offered as both standalone or as an addition to eligible Unlimited and Mobile Share plans. And, for a limited time, buy a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ or Note9 smartphone and get a Spark for just $29.99  

Also can be used as an addition to eligible Unlimited and Mobile Share plans.  Does this mean that I can use it on my Unlimited plan I have with my Mobley?

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

I have the ATT Mobley Car plan but have read about a T-Mobile plan based on the Mobley and Visible(a Verizon MVNO, just starting up) that will have an unlimited plan for $40/month. The Visible plan is only for Iphone currently and by invitation only.

I went looking for the T-Mobile plan and never really found the info. Their website is challenging looking for non-phones. 

Technomedia has been following this and thus far their conclusion is the “Spark” has lots of limitations that really only makes it useful in a vehicle while traveling. The wifi shuts off 30 minutes after the vehicle is turned off and the plan can be terminated if it is used outside of the vehicle. 

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Yes, we've been digging all morning into the details and just published our analysis. 

You can find it here:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-spark-connected-car-obd-ii-device-by-harmon-is-this-a-mobley-replacement/

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Archived