Tire pressure minder

Bruce H

Hello all,

I'll be fulltiming on Oct 6th.  I purchased the Tire minder 66 tire pressure monitoring system. I was wondering if anyone has used this system and what are your thoughts on it.  Looking for pros & cons about this system. The system I bought comes with 6 transmitters. I'll be looking to purchase 4 more transmitters for the toad.

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreaciated 

Thanks

We bought that system last Spring and I regret it. The thing isn't very accurate and the instructions make a joke of it. Ours has suddenly give out high pressure warnings on one tire only but the pressures were the same in all the tires. Driving along after using for about 3 months it suddenly gave a low pressure warning and showed 28 pounds in a front tire. It didn't feel like the tire was low but we stopped and checked. Nothing wrong with the tire just a dead battery in one sensor. After 3 months!

It takes several minutes every morning for it to read the pressures in the tires, apparently it has to compare pressure verse time for a while before it sets itself up. Up to then it reads the previous day's pressure.

Your toad valve stems may be brass or Aluminum. You have to buy the appropriate sensors as they say they can react and seize on the stem if you mix the materials.

Overall I'm disappointed but its better than nothing I suppose. You can do a lot of damage to the toad if you blow a tire.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Archived