Need Help!! - Choosing ground-leveler for Trailer

Dave653

Hello!

I just bought a Bumper-Pull trailer (16ft) and am going to be using it for business which entails Tire Swapping & Balancing. I will be incorporating a Tire Balancing Machine as well as a Tire Changing Machine into the trailer and have it hitched to my truck. This sort of business means that I will be going from customer to customer (few a day) and will need to ensure my trailer is stabilizing as well as leveled as close to perfect each time as possible. This is because the Balancing Machine requires as level-ground as possible.

Basically, my trailer will not be stationary for longer than a few hours at a time and then would need to pick-up and go onto the next customer's location to then repeat the process of stabilizing and leveling.

I am looking for a solution to the problem of potentially having uneven ground at customers' sites as well as a type of leveling/stabilizing system that works efficiently for my application.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction in respect to where I can find such a heavy-duty (and frequently usable) automated ground-leveler for my sort of application?

Thanks very much in advance! :)

Dave

This will be highly dependent on the framing available on your trailer.  There are several auto leveling systems out there, but they require sufficient framing and space to install them.  You will also have to disconnect your trailer from the truck each time before you engage the leveling system.  This is because the front of the trailer may have to be raised or lowered above/below the jitch point in order to get it level.  Due to the way leveling jacks work, you should also use some type of stabilizing system in conjunction with the leveling system.  I assume a tire balancing machine can cause a lot of movement due to the centrifugal forces involved.  I know a simple washing machine can make most RV trailers wiggle and bounce and they are not nearly as powerful as a tire balancer.  You may never be able to overcome this issue in a trailer.

The leveling systems typically used are (hydraulic type) - LCI Level-up or Quadra Big Foot or (electric type) - LCI Ground Control

The reason I mention a stabilizing system is because any type of jack has inherent movement potential due to the fact a lift cylinder has to move up and down inside a tube.  There is inherent "play" between the cylinder and the tube that can allow movement.  A system like SteadyFast or similar systems can minimize this movement, but not really eliminate it.

I have an LCI levelup system on my 21000 lb fifth wheel with the SteadyFast stabilizer system and RV SnapPad rubber feet on the jacks.  My washing machine still creates a minimal but noticeable movement in my RV when on spin cycle.  A smaller (mass) trailer with a higher output centrigual force (tire balancer) will most likely magnify this affect.

Good luck with your project. 

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

2 hours ago, Dave653 said:

I just bought a Bumper-Pull trailer (16ft) and am going to be using it for business which entails Tire Swapping & Balancing.

Welcome to the Escapee forums! If you don't mind my asking, is this a business you will operate while traveling by RV? 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived