Chrome and Custom show Joplin Mo

Vegas Teacher

3 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Hey  did anybody stop in at the truck stop just outside of Joplin Mo. last weekend for the Semi Chrome and Custom show? Truck stop is just off of I-44. I thought maybe somebody on the way to the Rally might have come through there.

Later,

Cory O

Howdy Cory,

I stopped in there to buy more bling for the Pete, but the show was over as I stopped on a Monday.  WARNING, if you stop there, you will spend money.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

18 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Cory,

I stopped in there to buy more bling for the Pete, but the show was over as I stopped on a Monday.  WARNING, if you stop there, you will spend money.

Dave

You know my wife is the one who I will have to worry about when we go there. She is into the idea of interior decorating and exterior decorating on the truck. Chrome will be like curtains to her, along with extra lights and flashy stuff. I tried to tell her the old saying, "Chrome won't get you Home." She does not care she thinks it looks good. I guess it is fun to have her in this frame of mind now.

Later,

Cory Ossana

39 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

You know my wife is the one who I will have to worry about when we go there. She is into the idea of interior decorating and exterior decorating on the truck. Chrome will be like curtains to her, along with extra lights and flashy stuff. I tried to tell her the old saying, "Chrome won't get you Home." She does not care she thinks it looks good. I guess it is fun to have her in this frame of mind now.

Later,

Cory Ossana

Howdy Cory,

You do have one thing in your favor, there aren't that many chrome parts available for a Volvo, so your pocket book won't take that large a hit.  Now what the little woman may have in mind for the interior, that I am afraid could be the makings of a second mortgage on the house.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, Pete Kildow said:

Don't talk like this. Going there next month around the 20th. Pick up a new front bumper for my KW. And I just know my wife is going to load the pickup with chrome. :blink:

There may not be much for a Volvo. But a Kenworth there's way to much chrome.And not enough cash, makes Pete sad.

Howdy Pete,

They have a LOT of goodies for your KW, I am sure you could fill the back of your pickup, its only money, get that 2nd mortgage.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Pete,

They have a LOT of goodies for your KW, I am sure you could fill the back of your pickup, its only money, get that 2nd mortgage.

Dave

My old truck, chrome just makes it look. Well like an old truck trying to hide behind Lipstick. LOL Found a leaking airbag today. So 2 new airbags, New Bumper, New steer tires, New OOOhhh new most things. But still priced right, and like the old gal

event.png

9 hours ago, Pete Kildow said:

My old truck, chrome just makes it look. Well like an old truck trying to hide behind Lipstick. LOL Found a leaking airbag today. So 2 new airbags, New Bumper, New steer tires, New OOOhhh new most things. But still priced right, and like the old gal

Howdy Pete,

I have never seen an old KW, or Pete, no matter how ragged that didn’t look better with a bit of bling added to it.  Then again one must keep in mind the government sends me a check cuzz I ain’t quite right in the head.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Pete,

I have never seen an old KW, or Pete, no matter how ragged that didn’t look better with a bit of bling added to it.  Then again one must keep in mind the government sends me a check cuzz I ain’t quite right in the head.

Dave

Was told back in the 80s. When I was driving OTR. Anyone that bought a truck, was not right in the head. So I fit right in with the best of them.

event.png

Archived