Use of "303 Aerospace Protectant" on Diamond Shield?

johnschnee

Has anyone tried applying 303 Aerospace Protectant to their Diamond Shield paint protection system - as recommended by the manufacturer of Diamond Shield - to keep it looking good?

I'm in the midst of trading in my 2014 Bounder, which was showing some pretty severe signs of mold under it's DURA SHIELD covering, for a 2019 Southwind, which comes with it's "face" covered by a Diamond Shield. I'm trying desperately not to have my new rig face the same fate & I've see a post on here where a fellow claimed he's used 303 on his Diamond Shield for 8 years & it still looks practically like new!

The Diamond Shield offers to sell the 303 Aerospace Protectant spray & states: "Diamond Shield recommends the use of 303 Aerospace Protectant every time you clean areas with Diamond Shield applied. The "303" will replenish/provide UV screening, repel dust, soiling and staining. Proper maintenance will enhance the look and life of your Diamond Shield application."

Anyone have any experience with this OR any suggestions (besides stay away from areas of high humidity!) for keeping my new rig's "face" from getting UGLY before her time?

Yes, we applied 303 to our Diamond Shield for the whole time we had our motorhome - 8 years. We also washed bugs off daily. Our Diamond Shield was in excellent condition when we sold.  One thing I've noticed when reading post of mold under Diamond Shield is that most of the owners lived east of the Mississippi where it's humid.  For the most part, we stayed in West.  I don't know if this makes a big difference or not.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Can't really speak from experience because our current coach is the first RV we have owned with Diamond Shield or a similar product.  Our manual does say to use 303 at least once a month on it to keep it in top shape.  After almost 11 months of full time travel it still looks new of course.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Archived