The Magic Of Paint & Having Too Much Fun

RoadtripsAndCampfires

I just want to say I'm having so much fun building our own travel trailer from a cargo trailer.  I wanted a steam punk metalic theme but a light weight travel trailer.  Metallic paints turn plastic cupboards into shiny metallic cabinets and old wooden cupboards into same with a bit of antique metallic browns with copper overspray.  My new bright red plastic gasoline can was the perfect size for under the stainless steel sink and with a can of Restoleum's Copper Rose is transformed into a "Spent Hydro Capsule" a.k.a. 5.3 Liter Grey Water Tank.  It has a verticle height and thus there will be lots of room under the sink for storage on the sides.

A wooden bookcase that I have had since maybe my 30's (I'm 66) I've sanded and am spray painting Rustoleum Black Hammered which  is the same color I painted the aluminum window frames we got out of the RV Salvage Yard and the frames of the refrigerator  vents retrieved at the same place on another day.  Wayne knocked out the rusted key-less cam locks on the vents and we replaced with new.  The skin was refreshed with a coat of Bullseye Primer and the vent slots reshaped with a plastic hair band.  Metallic silver shelves accent the Hammered Black of the bookcase and we are turning it into the pantry.  We'll be adding doors to keep items in.

Our Fantastic Vent is old but little time on the motor.  We mounted 2 of them on a folding A-frame once and it was too heavy so this one was saved for the trailer we are building decades later.  The outside top is antique nickle while inside are shades of metallic brown.  The plastic porta potty has a copper lid and base with antique bowl of metallic nickle.  It's probably 25 years old.  That's the thing, if it's old you know you can't hurt it too much so playing is justified.

Oh, as a wink to my former campmates known as Sisters On The Fly I made a ceiling chandaler out of a black bicycle - the bicyle is a replica piece of art and only weighs about 3 pounds so it will be easy to mount up there and I've already strung the lights and had it lite up there before I took it down until we insulate the ceiling.  We are hoping to add a touch of acylic paint pours as a ceiling backdrop.

Christine - 7x16 Cargo to RV Trailer In Progress

Archived