Hey Ranger, what are my tank levels?

docj

WiFiRanger made an announcement yesterday of a whole new product line that builds on our custom software and electronics expertise.  The “Hey Ranger” AI Universal Assistant, is an offline, artificial intelligence assistant with a custom vocabulary and skillset that allows voice control of almost any kind of RV component or system (e.g. lights, awnings, slides, generators, pumps, battery life, etc).  

WiFiRanger is already working with several systems manufacturers and will debut the prototype system next week at the Elkhart RV Open House. The prototype will include showcasing voice control of lights, awnings, pumps, fans, and monitoring of legacy tank systems through a custom hardware bridge. Adding to the convenience of the system, once the Hey Ranger AI Universal Assistant is online via the WiFiRanger, it can be summoned to temporarily act like an AlexaTM or OK GoogleTM device if the owner has accounts for those services, extending usage to those services as well.

Although many RVers already own "Alexa"-type devices, those all rely on having an internet connection in order to perform the speech processing needed to respond to verbal commands.  The Hey Ranger product line is based on a proprietary speech processing module which is self-contained and doesn't require an internet connection.

Initial shipments are scheduled to key RV manufacturers in Q1 2019 with volume deliveries scheduled for model change mid-2019, and skills developed for a variety of system components.  

Although it's easy to see how Hey Ranger can play a role in new RV production, it's also being designed so that it can be integrated with existing RVs. For example a custom interface has already been developed so it can be used with the See Level series of holding tank monitors.  Other interfaces are planned and the device can readily be use to control a variety of 12V switching applications.

As the product modules become available next year I'll post specific applications information.

Joel (AKA docj)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 1 month later...

This sounds great. We have had a Wifi Ranger for over three years now, and it works great. We also have a Alexa, which works good. We have been at a spot this summer that has a good wifi signal, so that has help.  We are getting ready to head south, so our signal made change some. I am sure it can do more then we use it for. We only got it this summer, so we are still learning more about it. It will be good  to have something similar and not rely on Wifi.

Thanks Doc - Two Thumbs Up for this Ranger expansion. 

I tell my family and friends to keep things as KISS as possible!!! But, then I myself - enjoy new products and services becoming available... and will watch as things develop. 

While maybe not as easy to retrofit as to design for the future. Many more hundred of thousand customers have 'used' RV's - vs new. So a much larger potential client base with a product that can be integrated, sure a reasonable cost, to older RV's.... 

Best to you, and the WiFiRanger gang!!!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

4 hours ago, rynosback said:

Are there going to be after market kits down the road after the OE ones?

Yes, the intent is to have aftermarket kits.  They will interface with WiFiRanger hardware and they will have the capability of controlling multiple 12V switched circuits.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

6 hours ago, rdirocco said:

We also have a Alexa, which works good. We have been at a spot this summer that has a good wifi signal, so that has help. 

Alexa works well if it has an internet connection.  The Hey Ranger device does all its speech processing locally so an internet connection isn't required. 

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

Archived