Road advice New Mexico

homelesshartshorns

4 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

So in a motor home during the months of Nov and Dec a better east west route would be HY 60 to Globe?

It really depends on your starting & ending points.  from near I-25 & 152 where you started the conversation, most folks would use the Hatch exit and head to Deming then I-10 W and then cut back north depending on your destination, US 70 for example. But if you're starting further north on I-25 then US 60 is an option. Although the chance of some light snow during a Dec-Jan-Feb winter storm is just as likely at certain points along that route.  We rarely get snow in Nov in the area. Most of our winter storms in the southern half of NM are short & mild until you get up over 6,000 ft elevation. My winter ranch down there is at 4400 ft and I only see snow once every 3 yrs.

Jim

We are taking the back roads of America. I am the one present of Full Timers that travels to see America. I want thank you all for your suggestions.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

That still doesn't help us when you post as to perhaps an alternate route.  In your initial post give your starting point and ending point and state you want to take back roads and we'll give you possible routes.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 months later...

Archived